Inventory management

7 0 0

I have been having issues with the inventory management system. I have 2 locations, 1 for reserved stock and 1 for ready stock. Lately items have been pulled from the reserve stock when I fulfill them even though I have it unchecked as a fulfillment location. This is a big problem because sometimes I will have 0 in my reserve, but it still pulls from there, so it will show I have -2 in reserve and 2 in stock when I really have 0. This means it is still up on my site as purchasable when I have none. I am looking for a simple, preferably free app, that will allow me to accurately track my inventory without the risk of having it pulled from the wrong location.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 17 20

Hey there, @mgm05e!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having your products pulled from the reserved stock when being fulfilled - that doesn't sound right!

With our Locations feature, you are able to set up the priority for which location your products are pulled from. I understand that you'd already had your reserved stock location unchecked as a fulfillment location, and I'd like to clarify whether you also had the Fulfill online orders from this location unchecked from the Details section of the Location in your Settings? If not, you can follow this guide to do so. If you had done that, I'd be happy to take a look into this myself. Simply let me know, and I can look at sending you an email to gain authentication and access to your account before reviewing your Inventory. 

Alternatively, if you're not interested in having me look into why this occurred for you and would prefer an app - there's a couple you can look into. I was able to locate the Stock Sync - Inventory Update app, as well as the Stocky app. Both have free plans available, so it may be worth checking out if their free plans work for your business! It does look like the remaining inventory apps have free trials, but then begin to charge a monthly plan. Nevertheless, if you're interested in browsing through other options, you can have a look in our App Store.

I hope this information helps you sort out your Inventory needs - and please let me know if there's anything I can clarify, or if you'd like me to review your Location/Inventory setup to troubleshoot why your products were being picked from the wrong location.

Cheers!

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes