Is there a Shopify to Ebay App...that actually works?!?

3 0 0

I've been dealing with on going issues with an app that basically is just making more work for myself because their system keeps glitching either deleting, unsyncing or changing things.

I've tried the ebay channel but didn't really have good luck with it. 

After going through Google and the App Store, I can't find anything that is reasonable that sounds like it actually works all the time.

Anyone?

0 Likes
1 0 0

What specifically is the issue you are dealing with?

0 Likes
3 0 0

With the app I'm using now, I've had to go through my listings and fix application fitment because it disappears. I've had to resubmit templates because they become disconnected. I've had to sync shipping profiles, return profiles, payment profiles, buyer requirements, etc...MULTIPLE times. It has just become more of a job to fix things over and over.

I feel like my sales have dropped because of this app.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
231 0 22

Hi, NextGen!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here.

It sounds like the app is not functioning as intended due to these errors. Have you tried reaching out to the app developers directly? You can always find a developers contact information in the App Store by searching for the app and then checking under the 'Support' section.

You mentioned that you had tried out the eBay sales channel but that it didn't quite work out. What did you find about the integration that didn't work for your business? While the sales channel integration is supported by eBay (help@connectebaysupport.com), I'd be happy to help where I can!

Cheers. 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks Anders for the reply. I have been going back and forth with support with the app for quite awhile now. They have me on hold for over a week now while they try to figure out the issue...while I still pay for the app. I've asked about a credit but they won't even respond to my question.

I don't remember exactly what the issues were with the ebay channel, but if i add the ebay channel to my shop now itll cause issues with the app as well.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi, 

I have been using the ebay channel for a long time and I'm getting tired of all the issues. Did you ever found a decent app that actually works?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I use Inkfrog, they are great!

www.toypocalypse.net
1 Like
2 0 0

Thank you! I'll check it out!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 4

It seems like there is no perfect app.

The eBay 'Channel' in Shopify was not available for Australia, so we couldn't use it.

Now that we've tried it we've run into some problems which means I've had to abandon it for now.

InkFrog is OK, but not perfect either.

I have about 600 product listings that I push from Shopify to InkFrog to eBay:

InkFrog problems:

1. Package Dimensions.
For calculated shipping on eBay, it requires the item size for each item.
Since this information isn't stored in Shopify,
in InkFrog I have to set the package dimensions for each product to 5cm x 5cm x 5cm.

2. eBay requires a brand for each product.

To solve this problem, I've had to delink the Listing Profile for all the products in InkFrog and assign the new Listing Profile as 'None'

Then I have written a script to take the brand from the listing title, and enter it into the 'Brand' field.

Indeed, synching Shopify with eBay is an absolute nightmare.

0 Likes