Is there a "reward dollars" app? (Not points)

Solved
3 0 1

Hi there,

I have a client who wants the customer to accumulate reward dollars (e.g. 5% of the value of the order) which appears as a balance in the future which gets automatically applied to future orders at the checkout.

All I can find are apps which have points which need to reach some sort of threshold to be used. Does what I'm talking about exist for Shopify? I have seen such a thing working on iherb.com so it is a valid request to make.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2271 147 307

Hi @mindpattern,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question!

I took a look through some of the loyalty and reward apps in the Shopify App Store and found a few apps which might be able to do what you need.

The Rise Gift Card Loyalty Program app mentions "After spending $X (or bringing Customer Referrals), the customer receives $10 as Cashback" plus other real financial rewards. 

The Loyalty & rewards program app also mention that there are real financial rewards possible. You can see from the screenshot of the app description below: 19-09-sgc5x-fpka2

Another app I found which could be of interest to you is the Swell Loyalty & Rewards app which come at it from a "Make X purchases/ Spend X, Get Y" style reward. It is slightly different to the others but still similar in the sense of getting real money discounts applied to future orders at the checkout: 19-09-lof8c-awk4y

Hopefully one of the above apps fits the criteria of this feature that suits you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 1

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I will check out these options.

1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2271 147 307

No problem at all @mindpattern.

There are a few different apps with the Buy X, Get Y feature and have different takes on it. Some of them might not show the exact example of what you mentioned but could come close. Hopefully, one of them can do what you need and are looking for. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
190 16 58

Hi there,

Nick is right, there are workarounds or we can say that there are actually ways of doing that.

Not all Loyalty & Rewards programs are points-based, I am sure that there are apps to make it work, I mean where you can choose the type of rewarding, like in terms of points or money/% discount/free shipping for various activities on the website.

One of the apps is our marketing platform which offers a Loyalty & Rewards program with various functionality.

Hope it helps

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
1 Like