Is there an app for Shopify/Printful to allow multiple products on a single product page?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello everyone,

I have been using Shopify for quite a while now, but stuck on how to do this with an app, hopefully!

I have been selling my designs online through various POD companies and distributors but now I want to develop a few Shopify stores synced with my Printful account.

Looking for an intuitive way of displaying all the products my design can be printed on like this and fulfilled by Printful.

https://nathanwpyle.threadless.com/designs/strange-planet-apparel-i-found-this-its-vibrating/mens/lo...

The link above shows all the departments and availability, size guides, colors, etc. This is the way POD should be done. I don't want have people navigating the traditional way of hunting the design down manually by entering collections to see if't available.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 20 47

Hi, @samthehombre!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Printful doesn't have a way currently that allows you to combine products with the same design. The main reason for this is Printful knows when you make a sale based on the SKU provided when you create a design. Whilst there is no way via Printful to combine products like in your example, there is another way you could achieve this which is by creating a group of collections or sub-collections based on a particular design. What this would mean is, your customer would see a collection of designs, pick the one they like, and be presented with all products with that design.

For the purpose of this example, let's say you sell Design A and Design B and print them on T-Shirts, Hoodies and Mugs. You can have collections showing all your tees, all your hoodies and all your mugs, and collections based on designs A and B. Below, I'll outline 2 ways for you to make this work.

Collections
Create a collection for each of your designs by going to Products > Collections > Create Collections in your Shopify Admin. Call it "<design name>" and write up a description.

If you choose "Automatic Collection" create a product tag to use to assign the products. Then tag all the products for that design to assign them. Repeat for all your designs.
If you choose "Manual Collection", simply search and add the products into the collections. Repeat for all your designs.

Sub-Collections
You can feature a subset of collections on a custom page by editing your theme code. This tutorial shows you how to create a new page template and assign collections to show by using a menu: https://bit.ly/2v54dM2. This does require some basic coding - but don't worry! The guide will walk you through step by step how to create the sub-collections, including what code to use, and where to place it.

With both options, it's good to remember products can appear in multiple collections. So you can still have a collection for the type of product and collections for the designs.

Although we don't have the outcome you wanted, I do hope this has been helpful. If you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply.

Thanks!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for the reply Miles. Both great ideas, but I can't settle for it.

Are you familiar with Etsy? If I create an Etsy listing with tons of variants from shirts, to mugs, to posters on the same listing that will show as unsynced items in the Printful backend; to which, I can then manually sync them in Printful backend.

I am trying to find the perfect Shopify addon for unlimited variant creation to create a test product and then see if I can sync the Shopify variants one by one in Printful.

I'll report back if I get something to work.

UPDATE:

OK, I think I found what I need. Check this app out: https://boldcommerce.com/product-options

Now lets see if I create a product using this and push it/import to Printful what happens. I know Shopify and Etsy are two different animals, but I will do exactly as you suggest, Miles, if this doesn't work, lol.

0 Likes