That's a great idea! I don't think there's anything like it in the Shopify App Store so far, but you can try using Optimizely: https://www.optimizely.com
At least until I develop something. I hope you don't mind I borrow your idea. :)
Sorry for brevity, sent from my phone.
I'm Sarosha from Aiva Overlays! To A/B test your homepage, Optimizely and Google Optimize are great options (the latter is free).
If you'd like a multivariate testing platform for overlay campaigns that pop-up, slide-in or take over the whole page - you could use Aiva.
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the platform mentioned above!!
Once you add the Google Optimize script in your theme using the steps outlined here, you can just use their platform to change your home page and create A/B test variants. You shouldn't need to duplicate your theme or make additional changes to your Shopify site apart from adding in the required code!
Hope that helps :)
Hi Andrea, there is an app for Optimizely if you're interested – https://apps.shopify.com/optimizely-1
It's the only way to get revenue events on Optimizely without an expensive Shopify Plus plan.
Hope it helps!
Yes, definitely you can do that. As a matter of fact, we have just published a case study of a custom Shopify app we implemented for a client that fulfills this purpose.
The app was tailor built to support automatic implementation of A/B test variations based on : The actual theme or The product attributes.
You can run the A/B test in the background where the app will switch between the variations you will setup automatically for a scheduled period of time and frequency.
Not just that, once the test is complete, the app accumulates all the analytics of clicks, add to cart, conversion percentage, etc and chooses a winner variation automatically for you.
Anyone wanting an easy solution, you can do this with Theme Scientist A/B testing app.
How it works:
- Duplicate your live theme then make the changes on this new theme
- Start an A/B test with Theme Scientist
- It will automatically swap the 2 themes at midnight and track the stats
- Run it for 2 - 4 weeks, analyze your data, then set the winning theme live and enjoy the increased conversion rate
If you want to do it manually:
- Do the same duplicate method
- Set an alarm to yourself to publish the different themes every day at exactly the same time
- After the test period, use Shopify Analytics and put the metrics in a spreadsheet row for each day
- Analyze and determine the winner