Issue with product review app

Elliott_Donovan
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

The product review app is not functioning correctly with my custom theme.  It displays, but does not allow the user to input any information or submit.

Reviews work great if I send a reminder from a purchase, but my customers have no way to enter a review otherwise.

Is there an easy fix to this?  Thanks for the help!  The app is currently enabled on my site and can be found on any product page.

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2010

Hey Elliot,

What's not working with the review code? I took a quick look at one of your product pages and the "write a review" link opened the fields as expected.

The only oddity I saw is that your theme is setting the font size on fields and buttons to be 0px by default. The text is actually being entered - you just can't see it since it's 0px in size.

That's a weird setting to have, but I am sure there's some reasoning here. You'll want to change that so text is visible. This CSS could do the job:

.spr-form-input, .spr-button {
    font-size: 12px;
}

You may want to adapt this further to improve the appearance.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Salawrence20
1 0 0

Hello,

I have created a website and included the Reviews App- and it has been working through desktop but when on the mobile browser it does not let me enter any info. All the boxes are there but if i click on them I am unable to have keyboard appear or allow typing.  
Any advice to fix this is appreciated!!

0 Likes