Kit App

larussell
2 0 3

Hello Shopify - It looks to me that the Shopify marketing will not send the Thank you emails as the Kit app.  This was an important feature.  Please explain exactly how the Shopify marketing tools can send a thank you email that will not appear to be email marketing and be sorted into a customers junk or 'other'  email.  Thank you.

AbraCoffee
Tourist
3 0 4

Thank you for your suggestion, @fmcl! I found a solution using Zapier.

I created the following 2 automations in Zapier:
Thank you first order - Trigger: New Paid Order in Shopify + Action: Filter - Only continue if Customer Orders Count Exactly matches 1 + Action: Send Email in Gmail.

Thank you second order - Trigger: New Paid Order in Shopify + Action: Filter - Only continue if Customer Orders Count Exactly matches 2 + Action: Send Email in Gmail.

Hope it helped you all! Any questions or more sugestions, let us know!

Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1021 94 241

Hi, everyone.

Julie here from Shopify Support. I'm just stepping in for Brie. 

First off, I want to thank you all for your feedback. I completely understand your pain points and I want to assure you that I’ll be passing your comments over to our developers.

While there are some workarounds mentioned above, like using the order confirmation email, Shopify Email, a different email marketing app, or Zapier, I do appreciate that these aren’t exact replica solutions. I think this would be a great feature for Shopify Email, so as mentioned, I’ll be sharing this with our developers for their future consideration and awareness. 

To touch on your question, @larussell, there are definitely some things you can do to prevent your emails from showing up in spam or junk folders. We have some information on how to avoid spam filters with Shopify Email that should help you out.

Thanks again for all of your feedback! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Seal-Extrusions
Tourist
7 0 8

It would be fantastic if we could tie something in before this is discontinued, just to give an example of just how important this is to me below is a message received from one of my customers after they have received my automated followup email message sent via Kit app. I get several of these a day from happy customers.

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for your email, very good customer relations, I was pleased with your product and will certainly use you again

Stay safe

Thanks

Stu

Dillydan
2 0 1

Why remove something that was so useful? Is this progress?

c5
2 0 1

Just throwing my hand in the air and saying that I agree with everyone here. Out of all the apps I have, that one was my favorite. I am frustrated that there's nothing to take its place that does everything Kit did. Bring back Kit or a comparable app that actually replaces Kit please. The solutions offered here only fill some of the gaps the app now leaves us with.

Seal-Extrusions
Tourist
7 0 8

@Julie Just wondered if you will be able to provide us with any update information on this at before the Kit switch off? Or would it be possible that the kit switch off is halted until a solution has been found?

Thank you Stu

0 Likes
Julie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1021 94 241

Hi, Stu.

Thanks for joining the conversation and sharing your feedback.

At present, Kit is still slated to be automatically removed from all Shopify stores as of August 31, 2021. Unfortunately, there is no way around this and you will need to take advantage of one of the workarounds mentioned above should you wish to send customers automated Thank You emails. 

However, I do understand that Kit's Thank You emails have been very beneficial to merchants like yourself, and I have shared the concerns in this thread with our developers. As mentioned above, I think this feature would be a great addition to Shopify Email. Since Shopify Email is relatively new and constantly evolving, I am hopeful that we will see automated Thank You emails being introduced sometime in the near future. 

You can keep an eye on the latest updates over in our changelog in the meantime.

Thanks again, Stu! 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
MUJKA
1 0 0

We already have other paid email marketing program and were using Kit to send our new releases weekly as automated emails.

Kit was pulling new listed products from the store and place in a nice template and send. Now there is no replacement for this and I'm not sure why Kit is removed with all the functions are working great and return was also great because customers can follow new releases weekly.

Please offer something really replaces the Kit's automated functions where it can pull new products or best sellers and creates an email that is not manually created every time.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Dillydan
2 0 1
This is such a shame. So many of us like Kit and would love to have it stay
because it IS so efficient in our stores - you can sort of “set it and
forget it.”

We are out here begging and pleading for something that IS good for our
businesses. Something is wrong with that picture.
0 Likes