Left me with no solution

UmarAsad
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Guys,

A few days back I installed an app named 

Easy Product Price Discounts

by GhostApps

It worked as I expected but then I tried to revert the prices as I wanted to put a 15 % discount instead of 20 %.

During the Revert procedure, the app just stuck and it wasn't reverting and the number of products was the same every time I refreshed the page. I had no other choice but to delete the app and try again at that stage I had no idea that it could spoil my whole plan as they were almost 2000 products with so many variants I don't think so doing it manually is going to be a great idea. Well, next morning I mailed them and they said they if you uninstalled the app there is no way that product prices can revert.

I will suggest Ghost app to at least put a note there or something!

Is there anyone who can come up with the solution as its so so so irritating!

Your help will be much much Appreciated !

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
497 39 78

Hi @UmarAsad,

The app appears to make bulk updates to your products and variants through the Admin API. From the sounds of it the app developer is asking for you to re-install the app so it can technically revert prices. Since the process of "reverting" requires some prior knowledge of your previously set prices you should work with GhostApps support to put the prices back to original values. Just a suggestion and would be cheapest course of action in my opinion. 

Regards,

Sam

Use Approovly to create and track order approvals | Looking for more Shopify apps? achieveapplabs.com/#apps
UmarAsad
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your reply.

I did reinstall the app but still, they said they can't help if I uninstall it in the first place.

Here is our email conversation with GhostApps support:

Hi,

how are you doing?

I installed this app I put a 20 percent discount on some products well a lot of products
now when I tried to revert it didn't want to and then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app when I did that the sale remained and now its a complete mess how can I bring it back to normal?

I really liked the app but this problem is bad as I put the sale on almost 2000 products and don't know how to revert now.

Your help will be really appreciated,

kind regards,

Umar Asad

{Reply from Ghost app}

Hi,

Please try again, I think there was an issue with Shopify's API that seems to now be resolved

Thanks
Alex

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me,

Unfortunately, nothing has changed and there is no option of revert still because remember I reinstalled the app.

Your help way forward will be much appreciated,

Thank you,

Umar Asad

{GhostApp Reply}
Hi,

If you reinstalled the app then you cannot revert because we have to delete all data when you uninstall

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
497 39 78

Hi @UmarAsad ,

What I understand from your original post is you discounted your products by 20% and now you want to revert to 15%. So the original values should be in the "Compare at price" field. It should be as simple as updating the "price" field with the "compare_at_price" value from field leaving the "compare_at_price" field null should remove the items from "sale". This would effectively revert your changes and then you can update again for 15%. 

The app developer should be able to rebuild your database, in our apps we don't delete shop data for at least 48 hours after uninstall for these very reasons.

Regards,

Sam

Use Approovly to create and track order approvals | Looking for more Shopify apps? achieveapplabs.com/#apps
UmarAsad
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks once again Sam,

The thing is it is very difficult for me to find products from 10000 products because the app worked very strange it didn't put the items on sale in sequence.

You mentioned about 48 hours but it seems like Ghost App doesn't wanna help.

@achieveapplabs wrote:

Hi @UmarAsad ,

What I understand from your original post is you discounted your products by 20% and now you want to revert to 15%. So the original values should be in the "Compare at price" field. It should be as simple as updating the "price" field with the "compare_at_price" value from field leaving the "compare_at_price" field null should remove the items from "sale". This would effectively revert your changes and then you can update again for 15%. 

The app developer should be able to rebuild your database, in our apps we don't delete shop data for at least 48 hours after uninstall for these very reasons.

Regards,

Sam

0 Likes
achieveapplabs
Shopify Partner
497 39 78

Hi @UmarAsad,

We can definitely help then. Can you please PM me your email? Or email us at hello@achieveapplabs. 

Regards,

Sam

0 Likes