Limit COD on Payment Option ?

Highlighted
3 0 1

How to Limit COD on Payment Option Customer Choose ?

Suppose Our Store Have Payment Option A,B,C

If Customer Choose Payment Option B, Customer should not suppose to see "COD" in their payment method

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 24 56

Hi there!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

At the moment, it would not be possible. The Cash on Delivery option is a Manual Gateway, and as a payment gateway, it would be available to everyone who uses your site. Your payment options A, B & C would be available to everyone, and it would not be possible to stop customers from using a gateway.

Did you want to hide the COD option for customers who choose a certain shipping method? As I'm afraid this would also not be possible. What I would suggest as a work around would be for you to add a message there for your customers so they will not select this method at the checkout

03-56-6b2z4-uzhji

Let me know what you think!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 1
How to add message ?
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 24 56

You can add a message either to your shipping rates, or to your COD gateway. If you wanted to add a message to your shipping rates, you can go to Settings > Shipping and click on each of your shipping zones. Here, you can click to edit your rate names add some text that says online payment only. or COD not available.

I've made a short video on how to do this here!

This is the way your shipping rates will show at the checkout -

04-42-l2ioh-fenh3

If you wanted to add the message to the COD gateway itself, you can do this by going to Settings > Payment Providers. Scroll to Manual Payments and click 'edit' beside Cash on Delivery

04-44-s1q4q-nph13

When you are adding the message, it is important to add it to the Additional Details section. Anything entered into the section below this, the Payment Instructions section, will show up *after* the sale goes through. You can add the text like this -

04-47-u3rkg-6fg79

Once you add the message there, you will see it show up like this on your checkout page -

04-28-e8nh3-x7yk3

Let me know which option works for you!

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 2

Hello Ava,

I'm facing same issue. I try the way you suggested but user just ignore the message and still choose Cash  on delivery. That make us a waste of some marketing cost. 

Could you please add a feature to make us can choose mannul payment way countries? 

That will help us a lot. 

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
467 24 56

Hi, @sujundy001!

I'm afraid it is not possible to limit payment options like this at the moment. I do think this is a great idea though! I will submit this to our internal team to be reviewed as a possible future feature of the admin. As our platform is constantly growing and improving, our team love to get feedback from our merchants on what features/edits they need to improve their workflow. So once I submit this as a feature request on your behalf, our team can review the request. So hopefully, this can be something that is available in the future.

There is never a guarantee that a request will get a Green Light, *or* make it to a product launch, but we really do appreciate you reaching out with your suggestion, as I’m sure you’re not the only merchant with this request.

While we would not have a specific timeline for how long that might take, you can definitely keep an eye on our announcements page. We will post any new updates or developments there!

Thanks for your feedback!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi Ava,

Thanks for your support. Hope oneday we can see the payment way limit feature on shopify. 

Because there are more usage scenarios like local payment, we do not want to user from other countries to see or click it by mistake. Only the specific country user to see that. That will be helpful for the step conversion. 

Thanks,

1 Like