Linking one shopify store to multiple FB accounts

Tourist
3 0 3

@JerBear@Alex23@Beyers_Erasmus@Dolores_Didiot@Simon_Broadley @Steve17, @Damian_Ford@Fleurs

Please see my solution below if you still need help.

2 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0
So using this we could post 2 different collections in our shopify store to 2 separateFB pages
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

Update: This method works on multiple Facebook shops and updates the feeds automatically.

I am not sure whether this works with different collections or not.

@Nygaard wrote:

Hi there.

I've found a solution for this.

Shopify does not currently support linking multiple Facebook stores to your Shopify store, however, I found a method that resolves this.

The solution can be a bit messy, as you have to have multiple Facebook Business Accounts for each of your pages.

You will also have to connect your current Shopify (or KIT) product feed to your separate Facebook Business Accounts.

Here's how I pulled it off:

1. I had already used KIT for Shopify, so Kit had automatically set up my Shopify stores product feed in my Facebook Business Account.

- You may need to use other workarounds for this, if you are not using KIT.

2. I visited my Facebook Business Account and headed to the Catalogs section. Here I had my KIT product feed which updates my Facebook store's products automatically.

3. Go to Product Data Sources.

Click 'view feed details'.

On one of the recent feed uploads managed by kit, click 'view report'.

Double click the partially showing data feed URL and hit CTRL + C.

Then paste it into a new browser window, to verify that you got some mashed up CSV information that should resemble product information.

The link should look like this: "https :// facebook- dpa. s3 .amazonaws. com/ facebook-product-feed-production/XXXXXX. csv", where XXXXXX resembles your unique data feed source.

4. Go to your other pages' Facebook Business Accounts and create (a) new catalogue(s).

Paste the data feed URL into the catalogue.

Your products SHOULD now show up on multiple Facebook pages in the shop section at the same time.

You may have to set up the shop section on the "new" Facebook pages with a dummy product before attempting what I did.

Because that's how I tested it and it worked for me.

I'm aware that my guide isn't that great, but the most important steps should be there.

I just wanted to save someone some hours of wasted researching like I did.

This IS possible, and you don't need a Shopify integration feature to make it work, since the Facebook page shop is simply a Facebook feature that ALSO ALLOWS for integration from third party partners.

Good luck.

Feel free to ask me if you stumble upon some issues.

By the way, Facebook doesn't care where your products are from. Simply put, you just upload a data feed and this could also be done by inputting a data feed, perhaps after manually exporting your product catalog from Shopify.

My solution should update the product feed automatically, however I set it up 10 minutes before writing this reply, so I haven't been able to test it.

0 Likes
13 0 0
if you are looking a solution for two FB catalog but one shopify store we can help you to achieve that. you will one one shopify store connected to our app and you will create to separate fb catalog for two different fb page all managed by one centralized locatiolet me know if you need help contact us at storeautomator
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Nygaard,

It sounds really great and I just tried to do as your instruction but I got stucked. I just get the KIT for my store then I went on my facebook account but under the product data sources it shows nothing. Could you help me solve this problem. I really appreciate that.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Have you found a good way to seperate products on your shopify store to allow for filtering on the seperate FB catalogs. ie.... have the one data upload to several FB stores, but then filter inside fb to only show certain items on each store. ie... shopify has 3 items, FB store has item 1, FB store2 has item 2, FB store3 has item 3?

0 Likes