Live Store Hours Display for Webpage

Aaron_Robitaill
10 0 0

Hi guys,

Don't know if this is a thing, I'm just throwing it out there if it isn't already developed. Anyone know of an app or script that could be used to display live hours for our brick and mortar store(s)? Say we just set a time to time (ie. 9:30 to 5:30) on a day to day basis and the website should display 'OPEN' or 'CLOSED' or 'closing soon' (possibly linked images to our 'contact-us' page) once it gets to a certain time of the day (ie: 4:30-5). Kinda like google displays online. 

Also being in Canada we could get inclement weather any time it would be nice to have the ability to change the hours if we have to close shop before our regular day end and leave a message saying 'Sorry Closed early due to inclement weather' or something along those lines. 

I wonder if this is asking too much. Lots of time variables to deal with there.. anywho just an idea. I've searched around and I can't seem to find anything particular on this subject other than using date/time function in javascript. 

0 Likes
Ardiane_T
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
202 0 22

Hi Aaron,

My name is Ardiane, a Guru here at Shopify!

That sounds like a great idea for a widget to have in a store! Unfortunately, we haven't developed anything like that nor have any apps that would display live opening hours or that amazing idea regarding the change of opening and closing times due to bad weather.

I can definitely send it up to our Feature Request team to review for an app or a widget in the future but there wouldn't be guarantee with it as it would really depends on how necessary it is for our merchants. However, I wouldn't hold you back if you'd like to have a look at our Experts page to find and hire an expert that would build this for you! It really does sound like a very interesting thought but at the moment, we don't have anything like it.

I hope that helps you out!

- Ardiane :)

0 Likes
Aaron_Robitaill
10 0 0

Thanks Ardiane.

I know its a long shot for development, I thought if any expert passed by and saw the idea they would get some inspiration and give it a go. I think it would apply to a lot of stores who have a brick and mortar location ontop of their online sales. If I had more coding experience I would try it, but alas.

Anywho the idea is out here so hopefully a couple experienced people might stop and think. 

Thanks again for the reply. 

Aaron

0 Likes
CaseyC
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

I too have been searching for a while now for this option!  This is as close as I have found.  It's not exactly what I'm looking for, so I haven't tried it, but maybe it would help you.  Here's the link.

I've been looking for either an app or the code to dynamically show business hours pulled from a google calendar.  I'm still searching!

Here's to hoping some expert will have a solution for us small business people!!

Aaron_Robitaill
10 0 0

Thank you! I've found one (it took a lot of digging) I'm going to try and play with it as it uses images: here.

It'll take a bit of fiddling (excuse the pun) to get the time right, but I think it'll look interesting. 

0 Likes
CaseyC
Shopify Partner
19 0 2

That looks like a great idea!

0 Likes
Levi_Stoddard
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Casey and Aaron,

I'm an experienced software developer located in Vancouver, Canada, and I'm looking to develop a Shopify App.

Are you still looking for a better "store hours" widget to embed in your shop? If so, feel free to contact me at levi.stoddard@fixedpoint.ca. I'd love to understand more about what you're looking for.

Levi

0 Likes
Driton
1 0 6

Its 2020 and Shopify didnt build any widget for this yet. This is weird. Does anybody found any solution for live working hours?

Commerce47
2 0 0

Same problem here...

0 Likes
LongPH
Shopify Partner
20 1 3

Hi everybody,

I'm from a Shopify development service. We're currently considering building a public app based on this idea. It really does look promising I must say.

At the moment we are looking at a few basic features.

• Front-end:
    • Customers can select the store they want to check the operating hours
    • Customers can see that store's local time, whether it is closed, open, closing soon, opening soon, or any other status/message the Store Owner set.
    • Customers can hide the operating hours if they wish (maybe it gets in their way). We haven't decided on how it will look, but it'll probably a floating bar or button on the Home page.
  • Back-end:
    • Store Owners can set each of their store's operating hours, and when to show what status.
    • Store Owners can add or remove statuses/messages 
    • Store Owners can configure how the bar/button will look on the Home page
    • Store Owners can decide where it will appear (top, bottom, side of the page, etc.)

If you have any other features you'd like to see, please contact us at longph@hamsa.co or reply directly to this thread. Thank you!