What is the best app for live streaming on a Shopify store page?

MAVENCONCEPTS
Visitor
1 0 0

does anyone know of an app that I can put into my shopify store that will allow me to broadcast a live stream to that page on my store?

I know there are some that you can sell products from the video but I am not looking to do that just looking to have a live feed or broadcast on one of my pages.

Any suggestions is appreciated. 

Replies 6 (6)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @MAVENCONCEPTS.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question. You're definitely correct in that there are several apps that offer product selling via video livestream, but I wasn't able to track one down just for video streaming.

With that being said, I don't think you need to use an app at all to get this done. Instead, you can embed the livestream into your website via code with a few simple steps.

To embed a livestream on your home page:

1. Log in to your Shopify Admin
  2. Head to Online Store > Themes > Edit Code
  3. Open up index.liquid
  4. Insert the video's embed code in your chosen position
  5. Make sure to save your changes

To embed a livestream on pages with a Rich Text Editor
(includes blog posts, pages, product descriptions, and collection descriptions)

1. Open up the rich text editor for your chosen page
  2. Click 'insert video'
  3. Paste your video's embed code 
  4. Click save

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DashModern
Visitor
1 0 0

Olivia,

We’d like to have a continuous live stream (well, about 10 hrs per day) with the ability to answer questions posed by realtime viewers/customers. And we’d like to provide a purchase window (or at least super low friction purchase option) at the level of the live stream.  QVC does this very well with multiple live streams on the same site.  I’m sure QVC has built their own platform, but I’m hoping you can point me in the right direction in the Shopify universe.  Thanks!

Scott

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @DashModern!

Thanks for the mention and your question. 

I looked into this further for you, and I found several apps  you can check out to enable 'live shopping' and interacting on your site. There are a wide variety of options, so I recommend reading each app's description to see if it fits your needs.

I trust you will find that helpful, but let me know if I've misunderstood anything.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DTCwithme
Tourist
7 0 3

Hey!

Its not on your store, but there's a platform called Plaza - www.useplaza.com 

They integrate directly with your store, and have it branded in your design with a checkout, so you don't need to cause friction in any way - it's pretty dope!

semirason
Tourist
6 0 1

I am far from modernity. Tell me, what is live broadcasting? And what platforms do you know for it?

Hissveome
Visitor
1 0 0

There is nothing wrong with that, and live broadcasting is the process of demonstrating the direct transmission of a television or radio signal from the recording venue to the airwaves, that is, the real-time broadcasting of the movement. Due to the technical limitations of the broadcasting equipment and the many signal transition points, live broadcasting is never wholly "direct," that is, delayed. In my memory, I know of only one platform that I still use to this day, and that is streamaxia.com. I often do live streaming there when I'm cooking or doing exciting things.