Local Delivery Option

Derek_Krause
3 0 0

Hi, I was just wondering if anybody had come across a free or cheap app for a free local delivery option and also a free in store pickup option in the shipping section. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3510 281 673

Hi Derek, 

Nick here from Shopify. ?

Really great question, shipping rates/ settings can be difficult at the best of times. One thing to note is that the shipping of a product must be covered somehow. For example, if you say there is "Free Shipping" in your store the shipping costs still must be covered somehow. There are however a few different methods you can apply to be as efficient as possible with it all. 

• Shopify Shipping - You can buy shipping labels in your Shopify admin or the Shopify app to speed up your packaging and fulfillment process, save time at the post office, display calculated rates to your customers and get reduced shipping rates from USPS, DHL Express, UPS. 
  • Local Delivery - For specific local deliveries, your best bet would be an app from the app store. The Local Delivery app has very good reviews and is the most popular of it's kind in the app store. 
  • Cash on Delivery (COD) -  You mentioned about a free store pick up. A good workaround natively with Shopify could be cash on delivery. You could set it up where the customer pays you either upon delivery or if you make it clear to them they need to pick it up instore. There are some store pickup apps in the app store also, just to note they will more than likely have a cost applied to them while if you can make COD work, it would not cost you anything extra.

Hope this information helps and don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything. 

All the best, 

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Derek_Krause
3 0 0

I guess when I say free local shipping I was more talking about how it would be free to our customers because we would be personally delivering the package to them. I was also wondering about an in store pick up option for the store?

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3510 281 673

Ah ok, gotcha. 

Yes for these situations then, your best bet would be the Cash on Delivery (COD) method. When the customer selects this, they would pay upon delivery, so if you are personally delivering the package to them, you could then collect the money for it upon delivery. The same concept would apply for in-store pickup. Just to note, to make it clear to the customer if you are delivering or id there is an in-store pickup. Shopify has a very good guide on how to set this up which you can see here

Any other questions, just reach out! ?

Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Anindo
Shopify Partner
555 1 19

You can very easily create a In-House Pickup using the Multi Carrier Shipping label app. So the customer will see this shipping option 'In-House Pickup', they will select it and place the order. Once the order is received, Shopify will send the email to the customer(here you can edit the email to show your Store's address). Customer will come to your store and pickup the item. 

Product Owner @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes