Local Pick Up with Multiple Locations

Solved
belovedh
4 0 0
Yes exactly! It seems like it would be an easy fix on Shopify’s end!
0 Likes
hsolar1
Tourist
4 0 2
Lol, Shopify pos making basic functions accessible?? Hah!
0 Likes
ivan_ba
Tourist
8 0 2

We have the same issue. 

We want our customers decide which location they prefer as a pick-up: A or B. We then want to transfer orders to the selected location. 

Why the thread is marked as solved, when it is not? Why would I pick an app and pay around €10/month, while I only need this one simple feature? 

0 Likes
BeechwoodMarket
Tourist
5 0 1
Yep. One of the reasons we left Shopify. I wish you the best.
C
0 Likes
webdeveloperfbs
2 0 0

Hello, I found a solution. After searching multiple forums thought I share an easy solution for multiple pickup locations without an app or using inventory tracking. Inside Shopify > Products > Scroll to Quantity > Choose Edit Locations and from here you can select the locations that will display on checkout. You have to do this for every product but still a good workaround. Hope this helps.Locations-Grab.jpg

0 Likes
belovedh
4 0 0
Hey! Thanks for the reply. Does inventory have to be adjusted for each pick up location though?
0 Likes
hsolar1
Tourist
4 0 2

The ONLY way I have found a workaround (and yah Shopify, Ive tried dozens of apps) is to only stock all our merch at one location. Then I dont have to do product transfers and we share one inventory. If a customer wants to pick up the other store, they will leave a note for us. Yup, that's all we can do. My second store cant check inventory bc everything is always a negative so we installed an app on the website that says how many is left in stock of each item so they can check their for customers. 

Yet another of the many ways I have had to invent a work-around for a basic feature. 

0 Likes
greenking
7 0 0
Do u know of app that reads barcodes so I can add items to site,also
contact ph number to call shopify for help on site????
0 Likes
belovedh
4 0 0
Okay, sounds similar to what I’ve figured out. I’ve created 2 shipping options and labelled them “(pick up location A)” & “(pick up location B)”
It works but is annoying!
0 Likes