Local Pick Up with Multiple Locations

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to find a local pick up app that works with multiple locations (our locations aren't close to each other so we can't do the usual In Store Pick Up as the Shipping Method sort of thing). I'm wanting something so that right on the product pages they can see if it is in stock at their location of choice and when they select in store pick up for a particular location it takes from that particular locations inventory and not from multiple locations. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 44 49

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @megzynak.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

There are a couple third-party store pickup apps that works with Shopify’s Locations and multi-inventory features. However, they allow the locations to be shown on the cart page and may not necessarily indicate locations on the product page. I’ve handpicked a couple for you to try out and I am also including a filtered list of store pickup apps.

If you require assistance with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page. 

Let me know if this provides some options for you to look into. If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

i need something similar, however because different products and stock levels are at different locations we need the user to set the location and then be able to see what stock is at what location?  is this possible? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 44 49

Hey, @Pixus & @megzynak.

Thank you for joining the thread, @Pixus. I'd also like to update @megzynak that I was able find a third-party app that works with multiple locations, called Product Inventory Information. This app can show different stock levels, based on your locations, and has geolocation to help detect the nearest location for your customers. With that said, if you need any help with this app, you can always reach out to the developer directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app's page.

Let me know if this helps! If you have any further questions on this topic, feel free to reply to this thread.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I need something a little different:

1. Three different Delivery methods for customers to select from

a) shipping (a charge based on purchase amount)

b) delivery (a charge with conditions based on purchase amount)

c) pick up. C) I need 2 pick up options from which to select (no charge)

At the moment it only supplies me with ship or pick up(with 1 option)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 2

Shopify (as of May 2020) has built-in functionality for pickup and local delivery, see this article. When we built our latest app - Contactless Curbside Pickup, we thought about building similar features, but decided the Shopify solution is very elegant and integrated. So we focused on making the pickup process safer by using our SafeMatch technology. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 44 49

Hey, @regal.

Thank you for joining the thread! I understand you're looking to set up three different kinds of delivery methods on your store. You can absolutely offer these delivery methods and, as suggested by @CorkLabs, the pickup and delivery options are new - Thank you for the suggestion, @CorkLabs.

1. You can set up price based shipping rates - based on the customer's purchase amount. 

2. You can offer free local pickup for online orders.

3. You can offer local delivery for online orders

There's a couple of third-party apps that can help with local pickup and delivery as well, mentioned earlier in the thread. They can also work with the price based shipping rates on your store. 

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Ok I've figured out a few things. My stock all comes from one location and is then distributed to the other location after they are ordered. I see I have to check stock for locations separately. Is it possible to have stock source to come from one of the locations but pick up for both?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 44 49

Hey, @regal.

That's a great question! You can set up your fulfillment priorities so you are sourcing the products from one location for online orders. However, this won't be able to serve as a single inventory for two separate locations, as this is more for determining which location of inventory is used first. Once the inventory of the first location is out, it will know which location to use next. With that said, is there a reason that you need a single inventory for two separate locations?

If so, you can transfer inventory between locations on per order basis for pickups. Or, for online orders, you can manually change the fulfillment locations for each order as well.

I hope this helps clarify the locations and pickup. If you have any further questions on this, don't hesitate to let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

does anyone know where ican find barcode scanner that reads titles and can scan images??

0 Likes