Local Pick Up with Multiple Locations

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you confirm the Product Inventory Information app, will allow me to link product availability for pick up at a location. Want to reset up multiple locations but some products at certain location and that's the location the customer has to pick up at; do not want pick up location to be of customers choosing.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

Hi @HFHNiagara ,

There's a few ways to set up products/locations in Shopify. What we found through working with many clients is the following:

• Set up multiple locations, decide which locations you want to offer local pickup. Ex: "Location A" will be used for shipments and "Location B" will be used for pickup
  • Set up local pickup per this Shopify article
  • For each product, assign available inventory at each location. For example, if you only want specific products to be shipped, set "not stocked" for Location B. Conversely, if you want to have specific products as only location pickup, set "not stocked" for Location A.

If you are using the Contactless Curbside Pickup app that's been featured by Shopify, you can verify pick up orders easily, see video below. Hope this helps.

[video]

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
552 56 70

Hey, @HFHNiagara.

Thank you for joining the thread and that's a great question! Looking at the app descriptions for Product Inventory Information, it does indicate that you can hide certain locations from the frontend or show/hide locations based on max distance. However, since this is a third-party app, to best answer your question - I'd recommend reaching out directly to the app developer on your question. You can contact the app developer through the contact information found in the Support section of their app’s page. They also offer a 14-day free trial, you can use that and give their app a try!

Feel free to share your findings on this thread, it'd be a great help to the community and I'm sure other viewers will appreciate that! 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Did you ever figure a solution for this? I'm unclear why its such a difficult thing to process for shopify. As we move between stores, we are able to bring orders for pick up to another location. Both stores should pull from one inventory which is stored on the online shop. Any one have any idea here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

This is exactly what we are looking for. One inventory online that customers can pickup at multiple pickup locations. Any solutions? IKEA does this. You can pickup at the store, but since there aren't too many, they have pickup locations in different cities. The pickup locations don't have inventory, but they bring the stuff there for each order.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Elias.  I'm having a similar issue with having a separate pickup location.  We make artist paints and sell art supplies.  All of our inventory is at a warehouse where production, shipping and receiving happens.  The owner also has a gallery that is at a different nearby address, and we would like for local pickups to be picked up at that address.  The gallery, however, does not have any art supply inventory.  We are currently doing our local pickups at the warehouse, and that is the address that shows up at the checkout.  Is it possible to have pickup at a location with no inventory?  We would be taking the orders to the gallery once or twice a day as needed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
1164 0 0

Thanks for great suggestions! We are using Store Pickup app you recommended above since we launched 1 month ago.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

Jumping on this train!

We too need a solution to stock items at one location but send to other locations for pick up - customers can select which location but the stock is essentially stocked at one location. 

Is it possible to have stock source to come from one of the locations but pick up for both?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hey Katie,

We've been on Shopify for months to rectify this void. It seemed to us, in
the beginning, that it should have been included in the first place. Rather
than give us hope or a timeline, we were pushed to an exterior app with a
decent price tag. The app works, but is now showing significant holes
between it and Shopify.

Chris and Nick
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

Hi @KatieL11 ,

Do you require tracking inventory at both locations, or just the primary location?

Depending on your requirements, if your store can work with Shopify Locations, the our Contactless Curbside Pickup app (which earned both Shopify Staff Pick and Shopify Reimagine retail this holiday season pick) can help without affecting your themes or slowing down your website.

Feel free to let us know of any questions.

0 Likes