Why isn't local delivery appearing in my Shopify settings?

TPCMD
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to set up the local delivery option but it is not appearing in my shipping and delivery settings. How do I go forward with this? I'm pretty sure I meet all the criteria to have this. I downloaded the app but see absolutely nothing.

Replies 2 (2)

Ryder
Shopify Staff (Retired)
450 56 90

Hi there, @TPCMD!

Ryder here from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! I'd be happy to cover the local delivery eligibility requirements to begin troubleshooting what may be the reason you're unable to find the local delivery option in your Shipping and delivery settings:

Migrate to the new local delivery method

Previously, merchants used to manually edit a shipping zone and add rates to include the local area you wanted to deliver to. If you had already set up local delivery this way, you'll need to migrate to the new local delivery method. If this is your first time setting up local delivery, you can proceed to the inventory and location eligibility requirements.

Inventory + Locations

To be eligible for local delivery options, you'll need to have 20 or fewer locations and have multiple location inventory enabled. Each of these locations will need to have inventory stocked and the ability to fulfill online orders enabled. For merchants on our Plus plan, you'll need to also have the custom checkout disabled. Have you already enabled multiple location inventories?

Other factors

It's good to note that the use of any third-party shipping app may conflict with our new local delivery method. You can reach out to the app developer for any questions about their apps. You'll also want to ensure that your business location addresses under Settings > Location are verified. If they aren't, you'll likely see an error like this:

To verify an address, you can run it through Google or verify that the address is recognized by a postal service. For example, if your address is based in the United States, you could try verifying the address through UPS here.

If you've already migrated to the new local delivery method and set up your inventory and locations as needed, ensured that you don't have any conflicting third-party apps, and have verified your addresses, then we'd be happy to take a closer look into your account to see why you're unable to set up local delivery options. Please reach out to our Support Team anytime - we're staffed 24/7!

Hope this helps. Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

LolitaDessertCl
Tourist
6 0 1

I currently have a storefront on Shopify and will be working with an app for local delivery (shipsi for Shopify), but it has a delivery radius restriction. Customers must go through the whole process of selecting items and checkout and only find out in the end if they are eligible for shipping.  

I'm wondering if there is a way we can have customers check eligibility of service/delivery? Perhaps with establishing a webpage with a map so they can entire their address to check if they are within the 10-mile radius, or some sort of pop up. 

I want to see if there is a way to have customers validate their eligibility for delivery before the checkout step. So, if they are not eligible for delivery, they don't go through the whole process thinking it can be delivered and then be disappointed it cannot. 

Do you think this is something that can be accomplished somehow, or have any insight as to what next step I should take?