Long Time Shopify user revamping ENTIRE site... Need app suggestions

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

So Ill try and keep this brief. A couple of years ago my webmaster left me high and dry, so I found Shopify and in 48 hours was back up and running. I worked day and night because at the time we had maybe 300 products all, they all have 15-20 variants... Free Theme

3-4 years later our site has grown leaps and bounds, Im purchasing a new theme, and was thinking instead of migrating over, I would just create one product and duplicate it and some how fill in new pics over the next month.  Im adding a 2-3 more variants and the way the site is set up now I have to go to each product, its a pain and I think starting over would make it easier to edit in the future....

So in short I need a Bulk Product, that will allow for bulk edits long term....  So if I want to add a variant, I can do it easily, if I need to change the weight of a variant I can do easily...

Thank you in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
451 28 145

Hi, @TheOilMan

Thanks for reaching out to us about this. I’m so glad to hear how much your site has grown in recent years - congratulations on your success.

I understand that you’re looking to update some of your variants, and I’d love to lend a hand to help find an app that will work for this. Bulk Edit or Bulk Product Editor are two options you could look at using to create and edit variants easily.

However, you can also edit these products and variants in bulk by using a CSV file. To do this, export your products, and then follow the steps here to edit the CSV file and re-import it back into your store so the edits appear on your live site.

Editing the weight on each of your variants can also be done by using our bulk editor directly in your Shopify admin.

Check out these options and let me know your thoughts!

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Thank you for your response it was what I was looking for....

One more question would I be able to create a CSV to upload all of my products to a fresh new site? Ill be changing my Theme and thinking I could just download cvs, make changes and upload....  Am I correct? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
451 28 145

Hey, @TheOilMan

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m glad to hear that the first response helped out. 

Just to confirm, are you looking to export your products from your original store into a CSV file, make edits, and then import that CSV into your new store? 

If so, this is the correct way to get your products imported into your new store, but please make sure to import this CSV file into your new store while your original store is still open, otherwise the image URLs may break and show errors. If both stores are active and open when you import the CSV, the images should work correctly. However, if you would like to close the original store before importing the products into the new store, then I suggest uploading your product images into a cloud space storage and using the image links generated from this storage space in the ‘Image Src’ line in the CSV file. This will stop the product image links from breaking once you upload the CSV into the new store.

Equally, if your products are stocked through an app, or through Oberlo, exporting them with a CSV file and re-importing them will break the links between the products and the app, so this method won’t work correctly for these types of products. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about this process. 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes