Looking for Profit Margin App

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi All,

I'm looking for an app that would allow me to view the profit margin in an draft/order as i'm creating it. As an example, I want to make a draft order and by the line items show me what the margin % is without having to open each product individually. Our orders typically have 5-10 items, when quoting a customer i'd like to be able to customize the discount for each line item as opposed to blanket discounting the order and risk going below the profit margin (items range from 5%-40% margin).

I've seen a few apps that allow me to see the order profit margin report after the sale is complete but i'd like something similar to that when the order is still in a draft format, allowing me to make adjustments before sending it to my customer.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,

0 Likes

Hm, interesting. I don't know of any apps doing this. But I know once you save a draft order, then view it, there's the More actions menu. Custom apps can add links to that menu. Perhaps we could create an app with a More actions-link 'Calculate profit margins for this draft' or something. How user friendly would this be to you?

(I dont think it would be possible to show the margins on the edit order page 'live' as your editing, without recreating the whole edit order logic in a custom app.)

Just trying to help out.

We are web app developers, SEO ethousiasts, and do all kinds of other cool internet things.
Check us out at https://public-apps.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I was curious about this after I wrote in, I don't believe apps can effect Shopifys back-end function, correct me if that doesn't sound right. But what you're saying is a solution as well! I just want to make sure we never end up in the negative. Having a drop down to make a report in the draft as opposed to having it after the sale is complete is what i'm looking for. The app SimplyCost has a report function for orders but not drafts, their format is perfect for our use. I've reached out to their team to see if might be possible, in the mean time here's an example of the report:

Example 1.JPGExample 2.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the example screenshots. I agree it would be nice to test different discounts and associated profit margins before actually creating the order.
Let us know what SimplyCost say.

Two screenshots below of a test app I just made. When there's demand for we could create it for real with additional features/functions (whatever suites the needs). 

RegardsExample1.pngExample2.png

Just trying to help out.

We are web app developers, SEO ethousiasts, and do all kinds of other cool internet things.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Working on this app live now: Draft order profit calculator 

Just trying to help out.

0 Likes