Looking for a Disclaimer or Terms of condition app BEFORE you start shopping?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello! 

Thanks in advance for the suggestions...  

Ive seen many that work at checkout in the cart, and Im sure I saw one for when you enter a site.  If you know of one that will inhibit you from even entering the site please drop the app below....

Thank you again! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 28 65

Hi @TheOilMan,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. What is this reason for you wanting to restrict access to the site? Would restrictions be based on the customer's age? Some stores may do this for legal reasons as some of their products may only be available to customers of a certain age. If you can provide more details on what you would need this for, I'd be happy to share some potential options you have.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Im looking for a terms of conditions app so customers will have to click before anything on the site is revealed. So not necessarily an age verification which I see I could use but I swore Ive seen an app that does what Im looking for. It could be anything from verification that order processing may take 2 days etc ....  Is there something that does this? Thank you! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
232 28 65

Hi @TheOilMan,

Apologies in the delay in getting back to you on this. There are a number of apps that can restrict access to certain parts of a store (or the entire store) such as Locksmith, as well as the age verification apps I referenced before.

Locksmith is typically used by merchants wanting to restrict parts of their store, such as members-only pages, so it might be possible to use their app to lock the entire storefront until the customer agrees to the terms and conditions first. I would recommend contacting the developers of the Locksmith app directly (team@uselocksmith.com) and asking them if their app can be used to achieve the result you want. Likewise with the age verification apps, it may be possible to edit the message that displays on the storefront to ask for an agreement to terms and conditions as opposed to verifying their age. You can test some of the ones linked above to see if they're of any use to you.

There are apps that prompt customers to agree to terms and conditions, although they're typically used to have this option at the cart page, prior to the customer checking out, as opposed to having this message appear prior to the merchant entering the store. You can see examples of these apps here and here.

It's also possible that, if you have seen this done before on other stores, this option may have been custom-coded into the store's theme by a developer. Would you be able to tell me why you want to have this option appear prior to customers entering the store?

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes