Looking for an app that allows customers to edit content in a letter

Vnowak
1 0 0

If you checkout this website, this is what i'm hoping to accomplish: https://www.santasofficialnorthpolemail.com/builder/art2.html

You will see that the customer can:
- First view and then select the background they want
- Then view and select the type of letter they want
- Then enter the custom fields right in the letter
- Then edit any of the text they would like

I want customers to be able to do this with multiple letters per package, anyone know of an app that makes this doable?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Miles
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
369 42 80

Hi, @Vnowak!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. What a lovely idea! I'm going to provide you with some different options which depend on your budget and time available to build the product out.

Apps
As you mentioned that you're looking for apps that can achieve this, I'll list these as your first option. I wasn't able to find any free apps, so please note that as these require some deep customisations to product templates, they do come at a monthly cost.

• Bold Product Builder

• $60/month. 14-day free trial.
    • Give customers the power to create their own products from scratch with options you provide or customize existing products on your store.
    • Set the product image to change as they select different options so they can see exactly what they're buying.
  • Custom Product Builder

• $35/month. 30-day free trial.
    • Offer 'Build Your Own Product' experience: live preview of every change from every angle. Complex conditional logic. Gallery w/ 3d & video.
    • Unlimited Custom Fields: image/ color thumbnails, file upload, text field, qty breakdown, deposit. Unlimited products & inventory tracking.

Shopify Experts
If a monthly charge for the apps doesn't seem like something you'd be interested in, then you could use the Shopify Experts program instead. Although this also has charges attached, it's a once-off cost for a developer to build this feature into your store for you. The Shopify Experts marketplace has registered Shopify Partners who can help out with many areas of a store. This includes store design and marketing as well as custom features like the one you're asking for today.

You can browse through a list of experts and contact them for a quote, or simply post a job so experts come to you with quotes automatically.

Alternative Apps
Below, I've listed some other apps where you can add in text fields and upload fields where customers can fill in text and upload images so you can build the letter. These also aren't free apps, but they are cheaper than the ones suggested above.

• Uploadery

• From $19.99/month. 14-day free trial.
    • Let your customers upload high-resolution images and large files (up to 2GB).
    • Uploaded files are attached to the customer's order and viewable from the Shopify administrative dashboard.
  • Upload Fields

• From $9.95/month. 7-day free trial.
    • UploadKit installs automatically, and you can quickly add upload fields to any of your products.
    • Customers can easily add files from their computer or from Facebook, Instagram, Google Drive, Google Photos or a dozen other sources.

I wish you the best of luck with this idea and I hope that you find success. If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog