Looking for an app that can highlight *NEW* products

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Guys, not sure if this is available already but I'm looking for an app that highlights new products (or products that we manually choose) with a small "New" sign on top (in one of the corners...) of the product thumbnail when viewed in a collection page for example. Something to show that a new product has been added to the store when a viewer sees a collection page.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

www.gourmetmondiale.com

A.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
959 1 54

Hey Anthony!

From what I've seen, there aren't any apps that currently provide this functionality. You'll likely need to get a Shopify Expert to get this developed either via an app, or perhaps though a theme customization, similar to the "sold out" or "sale" sticker functionality that's included on many themes.

You can find an expert at the link below:

http://experts.shopify.com

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

1 Like
Highlighted
Navigator
1137 0 121

While I can't provide the specifics, it simply involves deciding how you want to designate what's new (e.g. add a TAG to the product like NEW). Then the theme would include logic that would check if the product were tagged NEW and then show the badge however you want, likely with some CSS.

http://www.StandoutDesigns.com ::: Solid Wood TV Furniture for Enthusiasts. Made in USA.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Thank you for your help Matthew and standoutd.

A.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi all,

I am looking something similar, adding a new field below of the product price, that says " next to arrive" or "in stock in Usa" it seems the only way to do it, is downloading the metafield app from shopify and then add the metafield code to the product.liquid template.

here is my question:

to add just one field below the product price on the metafield application, do i have to fill up the format as follow:

assuming my product is a shirt:

name space= shirt

key= next to arrive

value= do I have to put here "next to arrive" again?

value type: empty(i dont have to type anything here)

then in product.liquid the metafield code woudl be:

{% if product.metafields.shirt contains "next to arrive" %}

<p>span<class = label "next to arrive"} span<p>{% end if}

sorry if the las code is wrong, i just need to know where exactly goes the field "next to arrive" since is the only i want to add to my product.

thanks for any help

diego

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 17 83

Hey @Anthony52 

I'm new to the Shopify community, and I came across your post on looking for an app that highlights new products. We have developed an app (Modemagic) that will allow you to add product stickers/badges on your catalog within seconds. Check out this app on Shopify here.

We have an extensive collection of stickers/badges suiting to any need. No complex edits, no back & forth with designers. Update your store within a few minutes! 

Screenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.56.09 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.55.25 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-06-10 at 3.54.11 PM.png

Don’t find a sticker that meets your need, reach out to us on chat for a custom design! We also create stickers in various languages.

Hope this helps :) Do let me know if you need any help.

Fayaz

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes