Looking for an app to clone products based on variants

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello, 

I am looking for an app that can be used to clone a single product into multiple based on a variant option. For example, take a product that contains five colors and create five products for each color. 

Jim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1840 177 711

This is an accepted solution.

You could also export your products as a CSV, flatten it and re-import. Easier than finding, using, possibly even paying for an app and not having full control.

Best wishes!

Liked this post? You might also like our fantastic upsell apps Candy Rack and Candy Cart or offer free gifts with Gift Box. All made with ❤️  and care by Digismoothie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello, 

Thanks for the tip. I did that and when I did it, the new product was created with all of the images from the old product still attached to it. I used a different product handle and deleted all the other rows from that product. I would have thought that it would only bring in the product images from the variant. Not sure how it linked to all the images from the original product. 

Jim

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

NVM, I actually realized that there are two image fields in the file. One with all the images and one that links the variant images. Thanks for the tip! 

0 Likes