Looking for an app to fairly allow customers to purchase limited products

ellonshop
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm looking for an app that will allow our customers to "register interest" in purchasing a rare/limited product release.

It should be a form or similar that customers can fill their details in to enter into a "ballot"/draw to which if successful they can purchase this product!

Thanks!

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1241 111 310

I like using Google Forms for stuff like this. Here's my process:

1. Create the Google form (forms.google.com).

2. Get the embed code

3. Create a page in Shopify and embed the form there. (or include it in an existing page if you prefer)

4. Connect the Google form to a spreadsheet.

Now you can send people to the page to fill out the form, and collect the results in a spreadsheet, where you can easily export fields (like email address) and organize your entries.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
ellonshop
2 0 0

Thats great!

Is there a way that I can select the product so it can only be sold to the people selected from the form results? eg. Product A can only be sold to Customer X?

Thanks for the response! 

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1241 111 310

Yes, here's an idea:

1) Tag the customers in Shopify from the form results.

2) Use Liquid (Shopify's code to retrieve store data: https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/basics) to show a message instead of Add to Cart button for customers that do not have that tag. In the message you can include a link for them to sign up so they can buy the product.

If you don't have a developer and want to try this on your own, make sure you duplicate your theme before editing code, then work on the new backup theme so you can preview before it goes live (and so you don't affect the live site while working). You can probably find the code to edit in a snippet called something like product-form.liquid.

The liquid code to use will probably be something like:

{% if customer.tags contains "the tag" %}
  Show the regular code for the add to cart button
{% else %}
  <p>Write a message to indicate they should sign up for the form</p>
{% endif %}

If you need help implementing it you can contact my team at speedboostr.com/contact. Our developers work on Shopify sites every day and can help you out.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes