Looking for app to sync Amazon inventory and orders to one shopify location

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Shopify developers and fellow merchants,

We have a Shopify store www.elizabetta.net with 2 online locations (2 warehouses, one in US and one in Italy). We also have an amazon.com (US) account where we sell some (but not all) of the products from our Shopify store.

We fulfill amazon.com orders ourselves (fulfill by merchant) from our US warehouse. This means that the Amazon inventory and the US Shopify location inventory are shared. On the other hand, the Italy warehouse's inventory is completely separate. Shopify admin should be the master of inventory, and we fulfill orders within Shopify (don't want to use an extra shipping app).

We are looking rather urgently (within the next month ideally) for either an app or a custom development that does the following:

1) Order on Amazon --> creates order to be fulfilled as well as reduces inventory in Shopify US location, does not touch inventory in Italy location. Fulfilment of the order in Shopify sends tracking information back to Amazon.

2) Order in Shopify US location --> reduces inventory in Amazon, does not touch inventory in Italy location

3) Order in Shopify Italy location --> does not touch inventory in US Shopify location or Amazon

If anyone knows of an app that can do this, or knows someone who can do a custom development for us to do this, please let us know: support@elizabetta.net. Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
829 67 196

I have a store that does something similar. Here's the setup:

1) Use Codisto to import Amazon orders FBM into Shopify.

2) Use the Shopify / Amazon fulfillment channel + Order Automator to automatically process US orders with Amazon US marketplace.

3) Fulfill UK (or Italy in your case) orders from your Amazon EU account.

Here are the details of setting up that system: https://speedboostr.com/automate-order-fulfillment-on-shopify

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Joe,

thanks for your reply and your help to find a solution.

We did look into Codisto, but what I don't like is that it requires you (I think) to create the Amazon listings in Shopify. We currently create them separately (the SKU is the same), and want to keep this, as we have optimized the way we create both of the listings.

Regarding fulfilment: we want to continue to be able to fulfill all orders by ourselves in Shopify, not via Amazon. Also we don't have an Amazon EU account. We sell via Shopify (main business, Italy + US locations) as well as Amazon US only.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Francesca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
722 107 272

@cescapesca_86 Think it might be worth looking at Codisto again as per @JoesIdeas suggestion. I use it a lot with clients and you can configure it fairly extensively i.e. you can sync your products but not send listing details (product name, description etc.) or price. So you could sync by SKU (you mentioned they are the same), it would keep inventory in sync and it would pull all your Amazon orders into Shopify but it shouldn't overwrite any other Amazon listing details.

Just a suggestion, but you could install it on a trial and just test out if it does exactly what you need on one product.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi @JonWright, thanks for your feedback, I appreciate your desire to help.

I did try Codisto in fact, for a quick test as you say. I did not realize that I could avoid making the listing through Shopify with it, that's good to know for the future.

However unfortunately the test revealed the same problem that I found with the native Amazon app: Amazon inventory is synced with the TOTAL inventory in Shopify, rather than just with one (or N) location's location. I imagine a custom coding to make it use only the single location is not that hard... developers please write me, happy to do a custom dev here!

For Shopify Staff: I have noticed this issue with Shopify locations in general: the assumption appears to be that all locations (at least all locations that can sell online, I don't have any other so not sure about that) are equal, can fulfill the same orders, etc. This is not the case for us, or lots of other merchants, as we have multiple locations for the precise reason that we want to sell and ship different stuff from different places, otherwise we would just have one. I really recommend you change this, as it seems that my but also many many other people use locations for what seems to me to be a pretty obvious use case...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
722 107 272

Hi @cescapesca_86 no problem. If you're looking to hire someone to build you something custom suggest you post it in the Jobs section of this board https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Ecommerce-Jobs/bd-p/shopify-job-board you'll get more responses.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
829 67 196

@cescapesca_86 That's the same way I prefer - I think it's best to optimize the listing for each audience separately. Codisto bridges the channels but you don't need to sync listings. 

Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

@JoesIdeas I completely agree, an optimized Shopify listing and an optimized Amazon listing are completely different, in my opinion. It seems that the Amazon channel https://apps.shopify.com/amazon allows you to link listings creating them separately as well. The Amazon channel appears to be free, unlike Codisto which is $29/month. Any reason you don't use that one directly?

Still none of these apps solve the multiple location problem unfortunately

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
829 67 196

I've tried that amazon channel app but it was buggy and didn't work for the situation we had setup. Been using Codisto for a couple years flawlessly, well worth the fee.

My team is working on a multi location solution, if you want me to keep you in the loop send me a message joe@speedboostr.com and I'll see if we can figure out a solution for you.

Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
22 0 4

Hi @cescapesca_86@JoesIdeas @JonWright 

We recognize the need for multi-location inventory and we are actively developing this functionality at the moment.

We will provide an update here (assuming the thread is still alive) as soon as it's been released.  If the thread is not alive and we can't post please reach out towards the end of September 2020 for an update.

Regards

Codisto

1 Like