Looking for good free newsletter app

KimberlyEdwards
Tourist
6 0 2

Since Mailchimp is no longer an option for my newsletter, what is the next best free newsletter app? Since I just started my business a couple of months ago, I don't have the budget to pay to use a newsletter app. I tried Mailmunch but I can't broadcast a newsletter to my subscribers without paying a monthly fee. I also looked at Seguno: Email Marketing, but it won't allow me to customize my message. Any options out there that I can take a look at that will allow me to customize my own newsletter with what I want it to say and what I want the content to include? Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
812 27 273

Hey, Kimberly!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

I don't think there are any email marketing apps that are completely free but you may want to check out Smart Email Marketing by RareLogic. Their plan is free until you have 250 contacts. They have an attractive interface and excellent customer service. You can book a free conference call to get help setting everything up and learn how to make the most of it.

Another popular option is Klaviyo. Like Rare, Klaviyo also offers a free option until you have 250 contacts.

Let me know how you get on with that. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ShopkeeperVicki
Excursionist
29 0 11

Mailchimp is still an option, it just isn't an easy option without the integration. There are workarounds, like ShopSync, but it might require some expertise. I did a lot of research before deciding that in the Shopify/Mailchimp divorce, I was awarding custody to Mailchimp. I am in the process of migrating to another, less expensive platform for ecommerce.

One option I considered and you may want to look at is hiring someone to do the workaround with ShopSync on Shopify for you via Fiverr. Inexpensive expert help, check the reviews, at a low cost for a one-time transition.

Good luck!

0 Likes

Approach is a personalized email platform which extends the Personalized Experience to your marketing email campaigns so you engage more customers and sell directly from emails. You are able to customize your own newsletter so it will say what you want it to say. You also get 500 free emails every 30 day cycle.

Approach includes:

• Automatic Customer Segmentation
  • Personalized Email Campaigns
  • Intelligent Recommendations powered by AI
  • Analytics and Dashboard
E-Commerce Conversion AI
0 Likes
binhoboard
Tourist
4 0 1

Is there an easy way to move all of my email contacts from Mailchimp to Rare? I'm new to this and don't have a ton of contacts yet so now would be a good time to migrate apps. 

Nick

@binhoboard

0 Likes
ShopkeeperVicki
Excursionist
29 0 11

I was also made aware of Seguno, today. You cannot customize your message to buyers?

0 Likes
Chris_Geiss
Shopify Partner
10 0 2

Hi, Kimberly! Thanks for trying Seguno, we really appreciate it. I'm sorry for the confusion but you can absolutely edit the content of every email. From the detail page of the newsletter or automation, there's a Customize button in the top-right corner that brings you into the editor. If you're interested in giving it another try, we'd love to see you back. Please reach out to Support if you ever get stuck again, we're here to help. Regardless, we wish you all the best.

Thanks again,

Chris

Chris Geiss, CEO | Seguno: Email Marketing Inside Shopify | seguno.com
0 Likes
KimberlyEdwards
Tourist
6 0 2

I did not see anything the first time that allowed me to customize the message. I will have to take another look at it when I have the extra time. Thank you.

ShopkeeperVicki
Excursionist
29 0 11

I have installed the Seguno app and I am playing with it now. Could you explain to those of us who are not techies the process of moving from Mailchimp to Seguno?

I am concerned, a little confused about how the app works with and without Shopify.

I have about 125 customers who have opted in via Shopify.

I have about 850 subscribers on one MailChimp list; these have been accumulated since 2015 or so with popups and banners on my shop site, through social media campaigns.

I have about 200 on another Mailchimp list, accumulated from Etsy buyers, which I still need to communicate with but outside of Shopify.

Do I upload these Mailchimp lists to Shopify, as customers? Or do I upload them to Seguno outside Shopify?

My Etsy buyers who want to sign up for my newsletter can’t go through Shopify, so do they go onto a Seguno list?

0 Likes
ShopkeeperVicki
Excursionist
29 0 11

I like what I see of Seguno for Shopify, but I wish their support was more responsive. I've posted here above, after emailing last night. Still waiting to hear from someone.

0 Likes