Looking for the best app to upgrade my product page

fabian_cheeki
6 0 0

Hey everyone,

I am currently working on my product pages to make them look better. I want to include some icons and the payment options but I have a very particular example from another shopify store and I was wondering if someone knows of any apps that can display it like this or if this was custom code?

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-28 um 13.40.54.png

I found apps that can display the payment icons but I really like the two icons above with the shipping and the secure checkout. What I also like is the green font and how it displays the delivery time. I know the store is in German but I hope this helps.

Does someone know if this was done through an app or if it was custom code?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1195 106 290

Hi @fabian_cheeki the changes you'd like can be edited directly in your theme code.

You always want to make edits directly in your theme code when possible. Apps are awesome and I use / recommend a lot of them, but for simple things like site design you're better to put them in your theme code because:

- You don't rely on loading 3rd party resources (which will slow the page load time)

- You have full control of the look

- Your page is unique to you (rather than with an app hundreds or thousands of other stores may have the same thing)

For you case, you can change font color with CSS, example <p style="color: green;">this will show green if you paste in your code</p>.

For delivery time, you'll need a developer to handle that but you can do things for example like use JavaScript or Liquid code to show the date based on what day it is today, what your shipping preferences are, product type, etc.

For the payment icons, you can download the icons you want separately, then combine them in Photoshop and put that graphic on your site. Just make sure the images you're downloading are not copyrighted, and that they are approved by the brand. You can usually find the official logo on the brand's site, usually called something like Assets. To give an example use case: PayPal has a specific logo, and they are happy to have that logo showing for your store because you offer their service, but you want to use their correct logo, if you just do a google search and use a random PayPal logo that is not official PayPal, it may not align with their branding policy / goals.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
fabian_cheeki
6 0 0

Thanks for your reply!

I understand everything you are saying and I know that it is better to have these things integrated in the theme but I am a small store and would like to keep my cost down, so I don't want to hire a developer to change the code for me.

Thanks!

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1195 106 290

I hear ya, been there before.

If you prefer to spend time instead of money, we have some links to common resources for Shopify theme development here: https://speedboostr.com/learn.

The part about front end development will help with html / CSS / JS modifications, also on that page are links to Shopify theme dev docs / liquid. You'll find that useful for general modifications in your theme where you want to interact with your store's database (shipping settings, product info, etc).

Good luck and enjoy the adventure.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfill orders + email notifications).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app) and Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
0 Likes