Looking for the right bundles app

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Hey everyone,

We have a Shopify store that we use to sell our products (saundersmachineworks.com). We sell fixture plates for CNC mills and some other accessories - and would like to create bundles for these fixture plates so customers can purchase a 'starter kit' along with their fixture plate that would include things like one of our vises, rubber plugs for our fixture plate, and some other hardware to go along.

I've been using Bold Bundles for a while to play around, and it isn't working out the way we need it to so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for another app. Bold's app is great, but just doesn't have the specific functionality we need. We sell plates across multiple brands and models, and the issue with Bold is we would have to create a bundle for each fixture plate we sell, and each of these bundles would also show up on the product page for the vises, plugs, etc. It also doesn't allow unlimited products across multiple bundles, so this app just doesn't work for our needs.

What I'm looking for is an app that we can create just one bundle for. I don't want to need to add the fixture plate to the bundle, but instead create a bundle that contains just the vises, plugs, and hardware. Then I would like to be able to add this bundle to the fixture plate product pages, so customers can add the plate to their cart and then add the starter kit on the same page if they want that. Is there an app that offers this functionality (choose which products the bundle shows on) as opposed to the bundle showing up on every single product added to the bundle?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

Hey, @alexpinson 

Your request is quite unique in that all bundler apps that I have come across display their widget on all paired product ID's product pages. So if you have a bundle of products A, B, and C they will all have the bundle offer on their respective page.

What you are looking for may only be possible through a custom-coded solution. In which case, I would recommend checking out our Shopify experts directory to find a developer that would be able to build a solution to your exact needs.

Otherwise, alternatively is you could use an app such as Bundle Builder that acts as a specific bundle creation page where the customer clicks through the various options and build their bundle to their liking. You could name the page something like "All-in-one Starter Kits" to entice people to bundle. You can view a demo of their app here.

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Thanks for your reply @Dirk,

Is there really no way to do something like this? I find it hard to believe no one has had a similar problem and there isn't a "plug and play" solution yet.

The solution I've been working on is to simply create the starter kit as its own product, and then have that show on the product page for each fixture plate along with its own add to cart button and drop down (we want to offer different levels of starter kit with more products in each). This solves the bundle problem, but creates another problem in that we can't track inventory this way... Ordering a starter kit would mean we have to manually adjust all products in it in shopify, which doesn't help the problem. I had also looked at the bundle app you mentioned, but it isn't quite what we need either.

Is a custom developed solution the only way to go here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 47 96

@alexpinson From the way that you would like it to function, which is to automatically populate the proper "plate" product into the kit containing the other 2 items is something I have not seen throughout the available third-party bundle apps. You could have this by creating a bundle for each plate but as you mentioned that is something you were looking to avoid.

Alternatively, you could look into product variant option apps that actually allow conditional logic to be used. So you could set up conditional logic that the variant options will show for a product based on its collection (in this case you can select plates). So you could set a variant to show called "Make this a bundle" for all the plate products and when they select "make this a bundle" two other variant options could display to check the other kit items. An app worth looking into would be Advanced Product Bundles

As far as your workaround goes, you can actually use an app called Connected Inventory which allows you to sync inventory quantity across product, variant, and bundles. So when someone purchases a bundle it will take inventory from each individual product.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

@Dirk I actually think the Connected Inventory will work great! I'm looking into it more now

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
225 13 26

@alexpinson 

App Selly has a flexible bundle, so that you only need to create 1 bundle for your kit:

https://apps.shopify.com/selly

You can contact support to place your bundle on specific pages.

★ SELLY UNITED - The front solution to increase sales for online store and POS - https://apps.shopify.com/selly
0 Likes
Highlighted
Navigator
252 10 32

Hi @alexpinson,

We composed a list of product bundles apps on Shopify that we think are legit. I hope it can give you some suggestions that you need.

Cheers! 

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @alexpinson 

Do you mean you want to create a bundle with product 1 from collection A, product 2 from collection B, product 3 from collection C? And user can choose the product 1, 2, 3 from the designated collections you set?

I can see that some merchants are looking for a flexible way to set up a bundle instead of defining bundles one by one

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
37 1 6

Hey @alexpinson,

A modern bundle app like the PickyStory app allows you to bundle products together and let shoppers choose different variants of the products before adding the bundle to cart. Bundles are shown automatically only on the relevant pages. It's fully customizable and doesn't require any coding. Check the example store.

Hope this helps!

Alex

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks @sillycube and @alexgreen for the reply - I actually could not find an app that had what I wanted so I made my own using Liquid/JS. The issue was that there wasn't an app that allowed us to show the same bundle across multiple product pages, and we also needed to adjust the quantity of one product in the bundle based on the product the bundle was added for.

You can see what I did here (fixture plate starter kits box), but clicking that button really just adds a certain collection to the cart where quantities of the Fixture Plate Plugs product is controlled by the size of the Fixture Plate being purchased (each plate has a size tag, and bigger plates need more plugs). In the end we just could not find a plugin that did everything we wanted and so I developed my own solution. 

0 Likes