MLVeda Multi Country Pricing removal instructions?

2 0 0

Hi all,

Does anyone have any detail on how to fully remove the Multi Country Pricing app from MLVeda?

There is nowhere instructions and even after I uninstall the app there are still traces of the app in my store. They also claim to have 24/7 support but I have not heard a single thing. I just want to get my store back the way it was before I added this app but can't see how.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1841 170 510

Hi Karli

Nice name ;-)

Could you provide us with some context of what traces the app left behind after uninstall? Are those store settings? Is it assets and code in your theme that the app added but failed to remove?

In some cases such as settings you may have to set them to whatever was configured before.

In case of code changes that still linger around, most assets in the theme are versioned and you cann rollback to a prior version before the app was installed - unless you made changes in between. If you already made changes to some files that the app also modified, you would need to backtrack manually which is annoying. In some cases it might be simpler to re-install the theme and re-apply your changes step by step just to be sure you're on a clean slate again.

In general though, I recommend you always create a duplicate of your theme before making any changes in code or installing any apps.

Let us know what leftovers from that app you mean in particular.

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Karl,

Thanks for you response. 

I'll make backup copies for sure from now on. 

I think I resolved the issue by going through each code file and removing the their code snippets with their namspace. I think it is ok as I have been working all weekend on the store and all seems to be fine. 

I did send them an email asking for the steps and will post it here once I have it for anyone in the future but I think I am sorted for now.

Thanks,

0 Likes
1 0 0

were you able to get an response. and if so, what were their instructions?

thanks.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi, Why did you uninstall the application? 

0 Likes