Made to Order/Production order manager app???

Highlighted
18 0 0

About 60% of the products on our site are made to order in some way. For years we have been using a custom Bold intigration, and Google Docs to keep track of multiple production queues. Recently Google docs eliminated "List View" and we're no longer able to filter production status's, sizes, or materials. The new Google taging system doesn't work in the way we need it to.

Is anyone aware of an app, or beta that does any of this?

Go watch Point Break.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Hi Sam. Not sure how much volume you're doing, but if you're doing a significant amount of volume, http://www.ShipHero.com is the go to solution for mass cutomizations on Shopify. We have on demand t-shirt shops, jewlery and sign manufacturers. I'm the CEO and a founder of ShipHero.

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

I really like what the app is doing, and I am sure we do enough volume to justify the app, but I am still unclear on if it will benefit us.

An example of a problem we face is that we want to be able to make all of 1 product of 1 size at one time. This is where List view was amazing You could just pull down the size and it would show how ever many need to be made at the size. Or maybe we want to make all of 1 design at once. Once List View was removed from Google Docs, we have no way to look at any one category all at once. 

And for those who might say that we can do it with Tags.... We can't. It involves going in and taging each new sold product, every day. This may be a product that comes in 300 designs, 19 sizes, 7 materials, and 5 production status points. 

We need something that can not only be used by our shipping staff, but our production staff as well.

I apologize for any gramatical errors. Its late and wine is happening. 

Go watch Point Break.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Each station sees a list on an iPad of what they need to produce. They produce, print a barcode for that item and either ship it or switch the status so that the shipping department can ship it. Quick video at https://vimeo.com/120212697

Or if they have distinct SKUs you can just create a list every day of your Pending items, print that list as a PDF and produce from that. 

ShipHero can do some pretty complex stuff, but maybe I'm misunderstanding your flow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
18 0 0

Would you have time for a phone call tomorrow afternoon?

Email me at Sam@plugyourholes.com if you'd be able to let me explain my needs better. I'll reply, and my Number will be in my sig. 

The video doesn't confirm or deny that the app might work for us. Clarification is certainly needed. 

Go watch Point Break.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Chat with you soon.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

This is exactly what Katana - Smart Workshop Software is designed to do. Make to Order production management for Shopify. 
Take a look at what it can do here: www.katanamrp.com. At the moment it's the only app for Shopify that is built for in-house product makers to manage their workflows and inventory. And in your case - it's the perfect next step from Google Docs. 

Here's a short intro video showing Katana in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwoSsyzTtZg. 

0 Likes