MailChimp app no longer available?

Highlighted

Hi,

I've just noticed that the MailChimp app is no longer available in the app store. Why is it so? Will it be back soon?

Best regards,
Lukasz Wiktor

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
2 Likes
Shopify Partner
723 63 96

Yep - https://mailchimp.com/resources/shopify-integration-changes-and-workarounds/

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
396 22 53

Hi, Lukasz. 

This is Dallas from the Social Care Team here at Shopify. 

While we understand your frustration, occasionally there are apps that are not offered in our App Store. We have a range of alternative options in cases like these and are always actively working to ensure that our merchants have access to all the tools and features they need.

However, with that being said, I am more than happy to help you find another option for what you are looking to accomplish. An app that is a great option for email marketing is Rare.io. The templates that they have are lovely, they are easy to edit to your own requirements and they are quite professional looking. Rare.io will also pause your email campaign if you have any dead email addresses in your list. Also, if you reach the point where none of your emails are being delivered because all mail providers mark your campaigns as spam they have a free tool that allows you to easily clear out dead email addresses. This feature is completely free to use until you have 250 subscribers. After that, you can choose from any of their different plan tiers. In other words, this is a great option for beginners. There are different campaigns you can run too: welcome emails, marketing geared to previous customers, prospects and more. Rare.io also allows you to do customized abandoned cart messages. Their customer support is also excellent. You can book a free conference call for setup to ask all of your questions.

Another option is Klaviyo. It is also a popular option and works quite well! Their email marketing features are quite extensive and allow for a lot of customizations. Just like the option above they too have customizable campaigns that are professional looking and are adjustable for what goals you are trying to reach. You can even make subscription popups to add to your store with Klaviyo. The popups are customizable however if you are wanting to really customize it to your specific tase then I recommend creating an image on Canava and then uploading it to the background of the popup. 

If you would like to use another program for website popups and subscription campaigns then I recommend looking into Privy. There are so many features that you can use for pop-ups with exit intent and other subscription initiating features that I am confident you will be able to find one that you will like. 

I hope that these options help you find another option to help you with what you are looking for. If you have any additional questions, our support team is available 24/7 to discuss specific apps and services to reach your business goals. They can be reached here or you can message me back on this forum. 

Best, 
Dallas 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
114 0 43

Seriously guys? 

So just because MailChimp teamed up with Square to develop a solution that might become a Shopify competitor, and despite the integration is far from being released, you just cut them off your plateform?

And you don't even assume your choices, since you're not saying straight why you cut it off?

It's a pitty... we'll have to develop our own API. It won't stop us, but cutting off one of the leader of the industry from Shopify is really a very bad move.

★Shopify tweaker★
3 Likes
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

https://mailchimp.com/resources/shopify-integration-changes-and-workarounds/

Wow,  right before black friday, que pitchforks. Shopify blog gonna need to redo alot of articles and make a new one for setting up mail before BF hits.

While we understand your frustration, occasionally there are apps that are not offered in our App Store

Okay so how far does this deintegration stance go? Would it trickle down to published apps acting as middleware to keep stores going via the mailchimp api?

So just because MailChimp teamed up with Square to develop a solution that might become a Shopify competitor, and despite the integration is far from being released, you just cut them off your plateform?

....we'll have to develop our own API.

Least you have that option, most merchants may not know what to do or understand why they need 1 more app/service just to connect shopify to mailchimp.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1622 47 149

@Dallas will merchants with mailchimp currently installed get a notice that if they uninstall mailchimp for any reason they will be unable to reinstall it?

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept the solution so you can help others.
Confused? Busy? ? Get me to solve it paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com.
Buy me a coffee? ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
0 Likes
4 0 0

While we understand your frustration, occasionally there are apps that are not offered in our App Store.

This isn't really an "app not offered" situation though, is it? More like, hiding something that was touted as a major integration?  Are you going to remove the facebook integration too? Only a couple people rely on facebook, right?

If you've got something to say, say it, but dont' lead with "there are other email service providers" -- that's not realy the point here....

0 Likes
14 0 0

Yeah, WTF!? Right before BFCM. 

This is seriously a messed up move Shopify! 

Pee on you!

0 Likes
Tourist
14 0 2

So you delete Mailchimps app, and offer a bunch of apps in replacement and no reason why.

So why?  I'm getting pretty sick of Shopifys nickle and diming with forcing you to use paid subscription apps while paying a hefty subscription fee already on top of percentages of sales.  It's a cheap move, and even still you can just remove the apps you've forced us to become reliant on.  

I relied on my mailing list synching to Mailchimps list segments for my business, along with several other intergrations, but the shopify side was always flakey, so this is good PR for them if they're building a Shopify competitor.

0 Likes

MailChimp app is back! ? https://apps.shopify.com/mailchimp

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
0 Likes