Mailchimp Integration not updating Contacts received through Shopify into Mailchimp list

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there! I am having trouble with my Mailchimp integration into the newsletter. It's working in the checkout and across most areas, but I cannot seem to have the names that are added through the newsletter footer which become customers then get automatically updated into Mailchimp. 

Ideally, I'd like to build them into an automated newsletter workflow (including a discount code in their confirmation email) but right now the contact only go straight into Customers. I have adjusted the double opt-in settings with Mailchimp and that didn't seem to help. 

I'm using theme Testament v5. 

Really hoping you can help me troubleshoot this one! Thanks so much! 

Kayley 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
918 56 113

Hi there Kayley!

Don here from Shopify. :)

As the Testament theme is made and supported by Underground Media you would actually need to reach out to them directly to see how this might work with their theme.

You can check out their support page here to see if there's some info already available or else you can submit a support request to them from there too.

Just let them know that you are working to set up your MailChimp account with the inbuilt newsletter signup on your theme and ask how you might be able to set that up with them.

We're also available over on our support site if you have any questions about any other aspects of your Shopify store. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Don! They actually told me to come to you saying it's a platform issue, not the theme.

Really hoping to get this one sorted quickly! It seems like it should be an easy fix I'm just missing...

Any thoughts what else I might try? 

Thank you!  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Kayley! I’m having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to resolve?

0 Likes