Managing Products comprising components

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi guys,

Apologies if this is a newbie question - I have been searching through FAQs but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

Essentially, my wife is starting a Shopify business that sells "kits" to let end users put together decorative items. Each "kit" (which I'll call a product here) comprises several components depending on the product ordered. She doesn't want to allow the components to be ordered individually, but only through ordering a product.

So, I guess my basic questions are:

1. Is it possible in Shopify (maybe with an app) to have the components loaded as products but not displayed in the store (so that the kits could then be set up as bundles)? Only the bundles would appear as products.
  2. If so, are there any apps capable of reducing the inventory of the individual components when a product bundle is purchased so that normal inventory control processes can be implemented?

Once again, apologies if this is a basic concept. I am more than happy to do the research myself and am not looking for spoon-feeding. If anyone could point me in the right direction or perhaps let me know the right terminology to search for, I'd be very grateful.

Cheers

Mike 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
48 2 6
Hello Mike,

This is something our solution does very well. There are some nuances with the exact work flows (kits vs assemblies). Could we hope on a short call next week to discuss your exact requirements?
Chad Richardson
Mozzo Software - Modular Software that grows with you from solopreneur to a 200 person mega team. Why keep outgrowing your Shopify Apps? Start with us, and just use the modules you need, then add more as you grow. http://MozzoERP.com
0 Likes