Metafields Editor - A browser extension

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Hello!

I've been working on a metafields editor browser extension and I want you guys to try it out.

It is open-sourced and available as a Chrome and FireFox extension.

You can read more details and install the extension from here: https://github.com/husseyexplores/shopify-metafields-editor

Any constructive feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

Seems like a lot of people are looking for an extension since ShopifyFD completely stopped working. I used your extension today for a bit and it seems to be working pretty well! If I find any bugs or have any inputs after using your extension a few more times I will post again. Thanks!

If my answer was helpful then please Like and Accept Solution :)
Highlighted
1 0 0

As of now, the extension keeps on displaying "Shopify admin not detected", what can I do about this matter? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

Hey, @mrArjanJoaquin! I've just tested it and it is working just fine on my side. 

Can you please share more details regarding the error? On which page you're seeing the error? Your OS, browser, etc? A full-page screenshot? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

@husseyexplores I am also getting this error.
I've already added the chrome extension. When I click on the extension to enable it, it gives me the error.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

@Bryan21 You need to "enable" the extension. The extension will be automatically loaded if you're on Shopify admin/dashboard page.
If the extension is loaded properly, you'd see the "Poshify Utils" navigation in the left sidebar as well

01.PNG

If you're not seeing the icon and you're still getting the same error while on the Shopify admin page, please let me know and I can take a look at it again. But currently, there are no known issues like this, and the extension is working properly. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
19 0 26

I was having the same trouble with getting the "unable to find admin" error message.  I logged out, then logged back in, and it works now.  👍

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 4

(typo) You don't need to "enable" the extension.
It just works out of the box.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This solution also worked for me! Log Out and Log In Again and it will work.

Great Extension! Thank you!

0 Likes