Monthly subscribers and Digital delivery

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi There,

I have a design business and I am targeting a niche market of networkers and every month there are monthly promos.

they do not know what the promos are, I do and I want to design a Graphics Package with all the promos and have customers subscribe so everybody charged on the 1st of the month, then we release that months monthly promo graphics then everyone would have them delivered to their inbox or messenger.  Then the next month and a whole new package would be designed and delivered. 

Does anyone have a system for that?  

- Date-specific monthly subscriber app

- Deliver digital goods via email and messenger 
- Update product or purchase to have new goods every month.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you,

Simon

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 129

Hey, Simon.

Lizzy here, I’m a Shopify support Guru.

We do have a few different subscription and digital download apps available in the Shopify App store that could help set up what you're looking for. I've taken a look through them and one the looks like it could be a good fit for your business is Charge Rabbit

Charge Rabbit integrates with Sky Pilot to make it possible for you to sell digital products on a monthly subscription basis. The one thing I didn't find was whether Charge Rabbit has the option to set a specific date for billing across all of your customers. You could always reach out to the app to see if this option could be made possible for your business. Their contact information is available on the app store listing.

Alternatively you could use a subscription app like Recurring Payments & Orders or Subscriptions by ReCharge which both integrate with automated email services. Once the monthly subscription has been paid, you could configure the app to send customers an email with the latest Graphics Package attached.

This sounds like a really interesting business idea. Have you thought about how you'll reach your targeted audience when you're ready to start selling subscriptions? Are these networkers a group you've had experience working with in the past?

Hopefully these options help with the set up that you're working on. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks for getting back to me, I went with Re-charge as you can set a specific date for subscription charges and then I change the digital file on the product late on the last day of the month so when the recharge happens and they get a new download email it's the new product. 

The plan is to reach out on Facebook and Instagram to get to my target audience. My wife is in the same network and I started to design for her and thought maybe others could benefit as well. 

***I have another question - Is there a way to deliver the digital good through FB messenger as well as email? so they get the files on their phone and can then post them to stories and social media right away?

Thank you for your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
469 58 129

Hey, Simon.

You're welcome. I'm glad you found an option that works for your business!

That's perfect. With a person on the inside, knowing how to market to this group of individuals will be much easier. I find knowing your audience is half the battle when setting up a solid marketing strategy. I want to share this link with you. It is an interview with a Shopify Merchant about a method of developing a solid Instagram following, which I think you may find useful while building up your audience. 

To answer your question about sending the links over Facebook Messenger as well as by email, I would have to refer you to the developers of ReCharge to find out about integrating it with your automatic service. Their contact information is listed on their page in the app store.

If you were interested in setting up another service to send the information via Facebook Messages you might be able to use the features of an app like Facebook Messenger Marketing to send the files, or a link to them, instead of a marketing message to your customers. 

There are also third party services like Facebook Messenger Bulksender that act like a newsletter subscription for Facebook Messages. 

Let me know if this helps with the option you're looking to set up!

Thank you,

Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi, did you find an app for this?  I do a monthly zine and would like to offer a monthly subscription but there is no app that offers a recurring charge with automatic email delivery link.  Does this make sense? 

0 Likes