What are alternatives to multi vendor marketplace apps for Shopify?

UrsaNova1
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi everyone,

I am building out Ursa Nova- a marketplace for healthy and sustainable products (www.shopursanova.com) on Shopify and have a quick question for you all. 

I am currently using one of the multi vendor marketplace 3rd party app for my backend technology and it is incredibly buggy and I am not happy about it at all. 

I trying to deliberate between going the "custom made route" which would probably see me leave Shopify completely and of course is super expensive OR trying to get a developer to build a custom app within Shopify itself. 

Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!

Replies 5 (5)

UrsaNova1
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi- thanks for sending this over!

Questions- is it easily customizable and easy to set up for my brands? Does it allow for mulitple commission tiers? 

Thanks so much,

Al

SAMC16
Visitor
1 0 0

ursanova1, did you end up building from scratch or using the 3rd party? How do you like the 3rd party? 

MiriamRM
Tourist
7 1 5

Hi! 

I am sorry I cannot be of help, but I actually have a similar situation to yours and would love to hear your experience so far. Did you continue using your current 3rd party app? Has it improved? Or did you go down a different route? Thank you for any input! 

GhostApps
Shopify Partner
146 1 15

Hi, my app Simple Purchase Orders can definitely meet your shop's needs. It allows you to set up suppliers and import products and set cost prices. You can then automatically generate purchase orders from orders your customers make and it will import all of the items they order and their address and email it to your supplier. It can also handle splitting orders into multiple POs where the items have different suppliers. This should help you reduce time spent fulfilling orders and eliminate mistakes.

Please check it out and let me know if you have any questions

Ange2
Shopify Partner
8 0 1

Hello, seems like there's a few of us facing similar issues. Can anyone share their solutions? An agency has recommended we move to Magento, which uses an extension by the same devs that made Multi Vendor Marketplace for Shopify, and I'm dubious that it will really be any different. Has anyone succesfully developed their own custom app, or if you've left Shopify, which route have you taken?