My Facebook page cannot link with shopify? need fix asap!

Soocasshop
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi there,

I bumped into a huge problem,  my Shopify store I can't connect to my Facebook shop, It just shows " This Facebook Page is owned by another Business Manager. To connect to the Page, it needs to be moved to the selected Business Manager." How do I deal with this issue? 

Could anyone help me solve these problems? 

Thank you in advance!

Jen

Reply 1 (1)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 318

Hi @Soocasshop,

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

In order to connect a Page in the Facebook Channel, the Page must be owned by the same Business Manager in the channel.

If the Page is owned by a different Business Manager, your Facebook account must be an admin that owns the Page in order to transfer Page ownership. Based on the error message, it appears that your page is not owned by the same Business Manager you have linked in the channel.

From your Facebook page settings, please navigate to Page roles to check the Page Owner and existing page roles, similar to this screenshot:

21-04-59tkt-hs4c2

If you are the Admin for the page, you will be able to see the "View" button as in my screenshot here:

21-04-32ku4-qmlwd

If you see "give feedback about this Business", like so:

21-04-6crvw-h8l0p

Then you are likely not the admin of the Business Manager that owns the Page. You can right-click> copy URL on the "give feedback" or "View" button to see the Business Manager ID that owns the Page.

Furthermore, there is a one Business Page limit per Shopify store. If you are expecting to connect the same Page to multiple Shopify stores, this is not possible and is how the Facebook channel functions at this time. If you wish to transfer the page to a Business manager you intend to use, you can follow these instructions from Facebook.

If you are still having issues after checking the information above, your best option now is to contact Facebook directly. To set your expectation, the processes involved within the Business Manager are entirely internal to Facebook, and we are unable to investigate more closely as we do not have access to those accounts. Having said that, you can contact Facebook through their help center.

To start, click on the Find answers or Contact support button. Fill out the prompts for your specific questions. If you prefer, you can click on Chat with a representative.

Please note: Facebook Live Chat is available to merchants between 9 AM EST - 11 PM EST, and Facebook may shut off their chat feature when the capacity is too high, so the chat may appear unavailable at any time. As an alternative, you may want to choose the Email Support option, if available, or you can submit a request via this link to the Facebook Commerce Support Form.

Choose the eCommerce Retailer option, fill out the requested information, and then click Send when you are ready to submit. Another option is to contact them through Messenger: Facebook business support.

Lastly, you can check this link from our community about Facebook Channel Troubleshooting - Table of Contents if in any case, you encounter another issue about your Facebook channel set-up.

I hope this all helps!

Let me know. if you have any other questions.

All the best, Hyde

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.