[NEW APP] Blog Comment Notifications - free service is finally here

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
114 4 43

Maybe I'm missing something here @Rocking - are you referring to my tutorial or the original app?

As per the original app - it's non-functional, so I'd skip it.

As per my tutorial - the Feedburner URL should not matter. Did it cause you any problems?

Freshly-baked Shopify Tutorials, Tips & Tricks. I also build Shopify Apps!
My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 5

I'm talking about your tutorial. Mine's always been set on the default (I never changed it).

I followed your tutorial. When running a test on Integromat, on my webhook URL, it works.

My browser shows "Accepted" and I receive an email.

But when posting a new comment, I don't receive any email. (I waited longer than 15 minutes)

I will change the Feedback URL setting in Shopify to https://feedproxy.google.com and see if that works.

In the meantime, if you have any other ideas, please post them.

UPDATE: It's been 18 minutes since I changed the setting and posted another comment on a blog. Still no email. Not working.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
114 4 43

@Rocking set as None for me:

image.png

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 5

Ok, I set to None.

Wrote new comment.

Will update in about 20 minutes.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
114 4 43

@Rocking I also have a suspicion it has to do with the code you inserted on your blog page, that might be inconsistent with what I had in mind (that is, I neglected to include your format of the comment page in my tutorial).

Could you please share the following:

1. A link to the blog page

2. A screenshot of the code you entered, where you entered it

These two should help me indentify exactly what's the source of the problem.

If that won't work, and you could provide me with access to your store (note that I'm a registered Shopify Partner) I might be able to figure it out. If that's a good solution - send me a private message and we'll take it from there.

My Tutorials:
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 5

I myself am a computer software engineer so I'm sure I followed your instructions correctly :-)

If you need access to the store, that is fine.

Here is what you asked for:

1. A link to the blog page:

https://crayolex.com/blogs/cbd/why-you-should-never-measure-cbd-oil-in-drops

2. A screenshot of the code you entered, where you entered it

k55hVoy0dL.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
114 4 43

Ah, awesome! Always happy to see a brother in arms in the trenches:)

And, just to re-iterate, it was more likely a me problem than a you  problem here - tutorials should be self-explanatory enough that any reasonable person can fix their issues using just the things in the tutorial. It's the tutorial writer's fault if that is not the case. 

Can you inspect the page using CTRL+SHIFT+I (Chrome Inspector/DevTools), add a comment, and see whether a request to the webhook has fired? Could be a CORS issue (although not likely) or some other shenanigans going on.

My Tutorials:
1 Like
Excursionist
26 0 5

The console shows some DOM listener but it's not our listener since it's fired even without the article.liquid code.

So no, I don't see the webhook being called.

Want to connect? I'm sure you know, now Collaborator accounts are separate from Staff accounts and are unlimited :)

Should I add you as a collaborator or staff?

PM me the email to do so.

Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
114 4 43
Will do! ;)
My Tutorials:
1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 5

Ok guys! This work!

@SimplyApps was VERY helpful when it wasn't working for me.

There were two issues causing it not to work.

First, he forgot to mention that you need to turn on scheduling in integromat:

dZNcj57U0N.png

Second, after connecting to my Shipoy store and after some trial and error, he figured out that since I was using the GemPage App to design my site, my article pages were not linked to the default article.liquid template, but rather to a GemPage created template:

chrome_DcsPSwEYdF.png

Since GemPages creates a new template liquid file for EACH article, you will have to paste the code into each one manually.

The place where the code should go is where Tom mentions in his tutorial, after {% form 'new_comment', article %}.

Hope this helps someone!

1 Like