[NEW] Product Reviews App by Shopify

Tourist
6 0 1

@Brian - sorry  to hijack this thread, but can't figure out another way to contact you. You are doing something on your site I have been trying to figure out how to do and am wondering if you can give any advice or lead me down the right path. If willing, can you contact me? Thanks! (jon_at_osoporto - dotcom)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
59 0 5

A quick way to "hide" the date for reviews would be to create a new .scss.liquid file under Assets, example review-hide-date.scss.liquid.

Paste the follow code into review-hide-date.scss.liquid (Save):

//start of hide date code
  .spr-review-header-byline {

color:#878A69; //<-- insert color of #shopify-product-reviews element
    font-size:1px !important;
    strong {
      font-size:13px;
      color:#FFF; //<--insert color of text for review Author      
    }
    strong:nth-child(2) {
      display:none; 
    }
  }

//end of code

In your theme file you can load the scss for your "product" tempate.

{% if template == 'product' %}     
	{{ 'review-hide-date.scss.css' | asset_url | stylesheet_tag }} 	
  {% endif %}

1 Like
Tourist
54 0 3

https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews-addon

It's the addon we never had and wished that the Product Reviews app comes with.

It helps to automate your review process, you'll be able to schedule the emails to send to customers after X days of their fulfillment or purchase date.

Best of all it lets the customers leave a review directly inside the email!

Installation is breeze, I just had to install both the Shopify's Product Reviews App and Product Reviews Addon App and you're done.

1 Like
1 0 0

******************** BUG REPORT ********************

This app (Shopify Product Reviews) is generating multiple HTML validation errors due to a failure to escape double quotes from item titles inserted into the apps microdata.

Example (which will cause errors):

<meta itemprop="itemreviewed" content="This product "Title" has Double Quotes" />

Notice the error created above?

We like this app, it's very straight forward, but we also like to keep tidy validated HTML. This is a very simple bug with a 30 second fix, unfortunately we do not have access to the code to fix it, only shopify does. This bug is probably plagueing many sites and can literally be fixed in seconds by inserting one line of code to escape double quotes from titles inserted into the meta data.

Please fix this Shopify, we do not want to switch to another product review app due to such a simple error that has such a big impact on website SEO and quality.

0 Likes
1 0 0

I applied the code, it worked great however it removed the name of the reviewer as well. Can I remove the date but keep the name?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

Any update on the mail after purchase email?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 1

trigger = ecommerce (specific product)

Need to have shopify integrated of course. May have to do this for each product in the store if you want to customize the email depending on what the customer purchased.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, Everyone !

This is my website https://sky-glue.com/ and I am using Product Reviews App by Shopify but My star ratings are not available in Google Search Result Page.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
146 0 11

Natasha, consider other apps for this: Yotpo, Mailchimp, including our SocialShopWave.

Kabir, according to google testing tool, everything is okay, you can test it here: https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/

According to Google, here are some reasons that marked-up pages might not be shown with Rich Snippets:

1. The marked-up structured data is not representative of the main content of the page or potentially misleading.
  2. Marked-up data is incorrect in a way that the testing tool was not able to catch.
  3. Marked-up content is hidden from the user.
  4. The site has very few pages (or very few pages with marked-up structured data) and may not be picked up by Google's Rich Snippets system.

Hope it is helpful.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease.
0 Likes
7 0 0

Ive been using this on WOOCOMMERCE but it looks like im going to change that!

Thanks

0 Likes