Need an app for Zip Code to check and restrict users from buying certain products.

1 0 1

Our website sells one product, Fresh Shrimp. We package in 5, 10, and 20-pound boxes. All our shipping is flat rate FedEx through our account to Domestic US Mainland and Local Hawaii Deliveries.

We have 6 products listed. One for each weight for Local Hawaii Deliveries and the other for US Mainland Deliveries.

I'm looking for an app that would allow the user to input their shipping address and then restrict the users from buying a Hawaii Delivery product that wants to be shipped to the US Mainland and vice versa.

We have users ordering "Hawaii Delivery ONLY" products to be shipped in the US Mainland and having to cancel them. I want the website to block these orders who select "Hawaii Delivery ONLY" products and add a US Mainland shipping address.

How do we do this?

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
57 9 9

Hello, @KauaiShrimp

My name is Helen from Shopify Support. Welcome to our Community.

This is a great question, and we do have some apps in our App Store that can assist in setting this up. However, this is also a perfect situation to use with our new Shipping Profiles feature. 

The built in Shipping Profiles feature allows you to specify where certain products can be shipped to, which would then prevent any customers not within the designated shipping zone to be able to complete the purchase. To set it up, you will create a profile for each of the shipping zones that you ship to, as follows:

1. Go to ‘Settings > Shipping > Create new profile’: 

14-36-evtfd-3yy1t

2. Click on ‘create new profile’, and set up your first shipping zone. So for example, you will begin with your local zone, by making it for the state of Hawaii only:

14-49-19w3c-gmlh9

3. Choose which products you would like to have available to your Hawaiian customers:

14-10-g56yj-5mbgh

4. Add the shipping rates that are available for those products within that one zone. Now at the checkout, only customers entering a Hawaiian shipping address will be able to purchase those particular products:

5. Repeat the steps above to create a second zone for your mainland customers.

All the best to you! Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Helen How do i get access to the shipping profiles? I need this urgently for our business in SEA due to all the country restrictions per product?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
57 9 9

Hi, @Fonzi

Thank you for your question. You will see the Shipping Profiles option by going to ‘Settings > Shipping’ from your Shopify admin. It looks like this:

23-56-kjja9-kyn35

Please note that Multiple Locations must be enabled on your store to be able to use Shipping Profiles. Activate this by going to ‘Settings > Locations’ and clicking on ‘Enable Inventory at Locations’. 

Alternatively you may see only ‘Manage Rates’ on your shipping settings page. Clicking here will also prompt you to enable Multiple Locations. It looks like this:

23-43-22nln-6ucyf

Let me know if you experience any issues with getting your Shipping Profiles to work, or if you are seeing something different on your account. I’m here to help.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes