Need app to properly integrate AliExpress Costs

Tourist
7 0 3

Hello,

We are currently dropshipping from AliExpress and use Oberlo to fulfill our orders.

I have installed OrderMetric.io to get the correct Product Cost and Shipping Cost for my products, however this app has some issues, thus making the data incorrect. 

Main issues are:

- Multiple Orders: when multiple items are added to 1 order from a customer, the app adds all the cogs from the order and turns it into 1 cog. To get correct data per item, you need to remove items with multiple items, but this deletes valuable data.

- Multiple Currencies: sometimes our orders are paid in €, sometimes in $. The app converts everything to $, leading to errors in data.

Does anyone know of a 100% reliable to import your AliExpress costs into Shopify automatically?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
308 14 46

Hey, there!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I've done some research for you to find a solution for the importing issue you're having - but I'm afraid that I didn't find an app that can specifically do exactly what you're needing from it, when it comes to cost of product and shipping costs. Our Oberlo team has been looking into this type of functionality as well and it is on our Oberlo team's short list of things to come in the future, however I wouldn't be able to give any ETA about this feature change. 

Since there is no one app that can do all of these specific functions for you, I would actually suggest reaching out to a Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are developers, designers, marketers and photographers who can help you with certain aspects of your store. It could be beneficial to reach out to a Shopify Expert who could potentially create an app for you that would cover these basis. Be sure to check out our amazing Shopify Experts, here if you're curious.

I understand that you're looking to import your AliExpress costs, you could use an app like AliExpress Dropshipping or Oberlo to import your products and product information, but then you would need to manually adjust your product details from your Shopify Admin. Shopify has recently made a change that would allow you to add in 'cost per item' into your product pages of your Shopify admin. This feature would allow you to input and keep track of the price that you paid the vendor, excluding taxes, shipping, or other costs. If you're interested, you can check out more about the 'cost per item' function of the Shopify Admin, here! 

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
6 0 0

Wow.. can you really earn a profit from AliExpress? Seriously, for 90% of the products that I order I find them cheaper on Amazon which also includes free shippping. I have found AliExpress to be a ripoff where half of my orders have been cancelled for no reason. I wish you well but you're buying from Asia and paying for shipping when each company on AliExpress already have their contacts in the U.S. and other countries (selling on Amazon already!) that buy in bulk and sell/ship for less than you can possibly find on AliExpress. Retail in the U.S. and probably EU are done, you're dealing with a Global economy that already has it's hooks in all local markets. Let that sit in for a minute...

Brendan

InternetInReview.com

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

The problem with manually inserting cost prices or any prices is that it is error prone and requires alot of time. Each order we make on AliExpress has different costs, its impossible to keep track of it manually.

If Oberlo can keep track of every order and within these orders record the product price, shipping and taxes costs, in the current currency, that would be perfect.

2 Likes
Trailblazer
151 8 32

How is it creating errors in the data to add "cost per item" (price vendor pays per item of a product) into the shopify admin of product pages (the page for editing product information)?

I have discovered on AliExpress the same exact products being sold at different prices, whether from the same supplier or different suppliers.  I can see how this may affect "cost per item" data to cause errors or discrepancies between vendor purchasing and customer purchasing.  However, AliExpress suppliers still have the price in their data for each product (even for multiples of the same product), so it should still be the same data, unless it is suddenly updated/changed and the vendor isn't notified in time.  I thought adding a product from my import list would also add the "cost per item" amount since it does so for most of the other product information.  But having to go back and search for the product(s) in order to get the exact price that I initially saw for the exact product I imported and added to the store is a major hassle.  If there were an app that synced with my importing a product in terms of the data in the product information from the supplier, then it would save tons of time and effort, and not result in data discrepancies / errors.  For me, such an app would be a no-brainer to develop and include in the shopify app store by default, especially to build trust, security, and accuracy of data for vendors, and thus, for customers.  It's also an efficiency thing!

2 Likes
Trailblazer
151 8 32

Agreed.  Those aspects of the calculation, which comprises the total cost to vendor (not shipper vendor, but Shopify vendor), are essential to e-commerce logistics.  Without it, it consumes a majority of the time I need to maintain other business operations.  The notion of "passive income" is a huge misnomer, a prospect I've realized is the result of the usual lack of informing the potential customer / business owner of what's involved in e-commerce...whether dropshipping or wholesale lots.

0 Likes

Amen!

0 Likes

Shopify imports the product fields from the Oberlo (or any other)product you import. It matches them 1:1. Therefore, I ask you, why cannot Shopify map the <Item Cost> to Oberlos <item Cost> and the same with <Shipping Cost>. Yes, you'd have to map the <variants> as well since there may be prie differences within.   

This issue is NOT that difficult to fix folks.  Put it into one of your next upgrade releases, set a date and let us know.

The cost of this is very justifiable as it adds another feature your competition doesn't already have. You're a highly acknowledged platform and I'd want to think your want to not only stay there, but plan ahead for future upgrades with features we cannot imagine today.

/s/

Doug

1 Like
1 0 0
I agree with everyone - I actually CANNOT believe this is not a standard function of Shopify already! I mean, it’s VITAL to a business to know their profit - it’s not a ‘nice to have’ extra feature, something to be ‘looked at’ or ‘worked on’ - it should be on there, like yesterday, from concept!!! Gobsmacked, really gobsmacked it’s not imported direct from Oberlo - everything else is, so why not Cost Price???? Wow, just wow.
0 Likes