Need help dealing with exchanges

Highlighted
1 0 0

We don't have any problems with returns, its simple enough. But I'd really like a better way to handle exchanges. Right now, we get an exchange and in order to fullful it we have to create a new order from scratch.

In a perfect world, we would like to be able to open the original order for the exchange and "duplicate" it with the revised product (different size).

Any help would be greatly appriciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey, maybe worth taking a look at Printout Designer app, it does all kinds of nice things concerning document generation https://apps.shopify.com/printout-designer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
289 0 221

Hey Lucas,

We're hoping to make Online exchanges a bit simpler and more like the POS exchanges we have right now, but for the time being just to keep inventory on track I'd take a look at something like Edit Order, especially if you want to just change the size or the colour of something, or swap out for another item of the same price. You can send the customer an updated receipt with this. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Lucas,

We just installed Exchange It, a new app that is currently in the review process, but available by following this link to the app store.

So far it's working great for us!

Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Altoq exchange shopify app store icon 1.pngIf you're still looking for a solution, you may like to check out AltoQ Exchange on the app store.  This app gives Merchants functionality in the admin area of their Shopify store to offer returns and exchange for replacement products or store credit.  AltoQ Exchange doesn't edit original orders.  It uses a combination of draft orders and Shopify gift card credit to invoice accurately for the replacement products. 

Unlike other return and exchange apps, I'd like to stress that we don't use "discounts" to credit the new invoice as from an accounting perspective this is totally incorrect.

We offer a 30 day free trial so that you have sufficient time to evaluate if it suits your needs.  https://apps.shopify.com/altoq-exchange

AltoQ Exchange App for Shopify: Easy product return, exchange, and store creditAltoQ Exchange App for Shopify: Easy product return, exchange, and store credit

0 Likes