Need shipping app that supports Canada Post Light Packet

17 0 0

Hi! I'm looking for a shipping app for Shopify. Specifically, I need one that offers the Canada Post "Light Packet" postage class, as that's what I use for all my orders to USA and international. (Light Packet is for lightweight bubble envelopes.)

I've tried ShipStation, OrderCup, ShipRobot, and many others... none of them offer Light Packet. Even the official Shopify Canada Post app doesn't offer Light Packet, which is ridiculous, but Canada Post is not in the habit of making things easy for small businesses. :-)

Most apps support "Small Packet" postage, but that's more expensive. (It's the next postage class up from Light Packet.)

The only online solution I've found for Light Packet labels is Paypal.

I'm not thrilled with Paypal shipping labels (for various reasons) and would like to find an alternative... but I just can't find one. Any suggestions? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Any suggestions, anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 6

No suggestions I'm (very) sorry to say, but wondering if you'd figured anything out with regard to this?  I've been on the phone all day with Shipstation and Canada Post - both of them telling me that I had excellent questions but anable (so far) to give me any answers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Sorry James, no luck in finding a solution. I'm continuing to use Paypal labels for now.

I believe the problem ultimately lies with Canada Post. Apparently they don't include the Light Packet class in their API, so Shipstation and other shipping label apps can't access that information.

I assume CP did a deal with eBay/Paypal years ago to make it accessible for Paypal shipping only. I also assume CP wants small businesses to use the more expensive Tracked Packet service, hence making it really difficult for us to easily access Light Packet postage.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @Tanja_R,

Not sure about Light Packet, but you can try the Multi Carrier Shipping Label app which supports "Tracked Packet". I think it would be helpful as it is a service which can be used to ship products weighing less than 1kg.

You can check out more about tracked package here: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/business/shipping/international/compare/tracked-packet-usa.page

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
Highlighted
17 0 0

Not viable for many small businesses, as Tracked Packet is twice the cost of Small Packet.

0 Likes