Need to discuss about shopify app

2 0 0

Hello,

Can you please tell me where is tracking number store when order created?

because in aftership app, tracking number need to enter in each order manaually.

How is it save?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 29 29

Hi @pinky3,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

Are you purchasing shipping labels in your Shopify admin using Shopify Shipping? If so, the tracking number for your order is created when you purchase a shipping label and automatically added to the order page in the admin. These tracking numbers are unique to each courier so they are not generated until the shipping label step is reached.

If you're using another method to purchase shipping labels, then once you mark the order as fulfilled you'll see an option to add a tracking number manually.

The Aftership App will actually sync the tracking information from your Shopify admin. This means that if you're purchasing the shipping labels in the admin, this information will automatically be synced for you.

Since it's just a few days away, I'd love to hear what you have planned for Black Friday/Cyber Monday! Are you offering any deals to your customers? If you're still thinking about it, I'd recommend taking a look at our BFCM Toolbox for some ideas on how to make the most of this time.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello,

I am from UK an How to purchase these shipping labels. Also what if I want to add tracking number manualy then how to find these tracking numbers in fedex?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 29 29

Hello again, @pinky3!

Purchasing labels within the admin are currently only available within the US and Canada so, unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to use this feature within the UK. 

The shipping label that you purchase from FedEx should have the tracking number on it. It looks like this depends on the label you purchase, but you can find more information on where to find the tracking number on their site here. Once you gather the tracking number from FedEx, you can enter the tracking number into your admin following our tutorial

All the best,

Dani

0 Likes
1 0 0

If I'm dropshipping a product from China and a customer purchases one of my products, does that order automatically get imported into Aftership's system and become trackable? Also, do the customers receive tracking information right after checkout on my website or in an e-mail.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
113 29 29

Hi @Brian_P!

The order won't have a tracking number until the supplier ships the product.

Are you using Oberlo for dropshipping? If you are, once an order is placed on your store you'll need to open your Oberlo dashboard to place the order with the supplier. Once the supplier ships the product, a shipping confirmation email will be shared with the customer. If the shipping service selected includes a tracking number this information will be included in the shipping confirmation and will be synced with third-party apps like Aftership. Take a look at our help doc on fulfilling AliExpress orders with Oberlo here

All the best,

Dani

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 1 0

Hi, here is Song Fei from TrackingMore Team.

TrackingMore app is alternative to Aftership. And all tracking number is sync from Shopify orders automatically.

1.jpg

0 Likes