Need to issue 270 Unique Gift Card Amounts to 270 Different Customer Emails

NumeroTZ
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi, we just migrated over to Shopify and have 270 email accounts that had some sort of "Credit" stored in their account. I downloaded the accounts from a CSV with Email Address and Credit Amount. Is there an app I can easily create 270 gift cards and send them to these customers? Thanks!

Replies 4 (4)

hardik355
Shopify Partner
233 22 34

Hi 

I'm search app store and find some app. but can you check this app 

https://apps.shopify.com/selling-point-gift-card-migrations?ot=7caa25b9-df09-4552-838c-079f8bebce98&...

this app will help you upload csv and create gift card.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Shopify theme and app developer.
Thanks

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
For App Development and Design changes Hire Me.
Thanks

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @NumeroTZ!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question!

There certainly are some apps that can help you import or create gift cards by bulk. The app that @hardik355 shared, Selling Point, is one of them. Feel free to check that one out, along with the additional options below.

1. Matrixify (Excelify) – I found a guide on how to use this app to import gift cards on this page
  2. Gift Cards & Loyalty Program

The features and pricing of these apps differ, so I suggest looking into each one and testing them to find out which one suits your needs the best. Some of them have free plans, while some are paid, however, the paid apps come with free trial periods so you can try the apps before deciding on one. Should you have questions about the apps or need further assistance with them, you may contact their support team by going to the Support section of each app listing.

I'm glad to hear you migrated to Shopify and decided to continue running your store with us! If you haven't finished the migration and need help in doing so, we have a store migration guide on this page that will help. What made you migrate to Shopify?

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Renars
Shopify Partner
283 31 331

Hi @NumeroTZ 

Renars here from Matrixify app.
Thank you for mentioning us @Summer and sorry for such a late reply here.

The tutorial linked for Matrixify app is for creating Gift Card Products, not actual Gift Cards.
The main issue is that Shopify API only allows creating Gift Cards in Shopify Plus stores, if you have a Plus store then surely there must be an app (likely some of the mentioned above) that can do this.

Another option, that you could do to create Gift Cards is to import Orders with those customers linked to the Orders and Line Items as a gift cards.
Then Shopify would automatically create Gift Card in the store and even send them to the Customer.

If you still need a solution for this and wish to look more into this option, please reach out to our support and we will help you to set up such a file.

Matrixify | Bulk Import Export Update | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://matrixify.app

Neomi_av
Shopify Partner
197 2 17

Hi @NumeroTZ, I'm Neomi from the Rise.ai app,

As Summer mentioned we can help you migrate those gift cards free of charge.

Check out our listing page and feel free to contact me at info@rise.ai