New App Should Be Reviewed Message

Highlighted
2 0 3

Hello everyone, I am kinda new here.

I have been following this tutorial
https://developers.shopify.com/tutorials/build-a-shopify-app-with-node-and-react/embed-your-app-in-s...

and I've built a demo project. However at the last step while trying to install this app to developer shop I am getting this message. There is nothing inside this app, it was built only for demo purpose (also if I need to install my apps in the future for testing into developer shop again I will need to install this app to store) 

Any suggestions ? Thanks in advance

This app needs to be reviewed by Shopify before it can be installed. Contact the app developer for more information about this app.

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I got the same message when I tried to install my first app.  I created a new store in my partner portal and made sure that it is a development store.  Installed the app in the new store and everything worked.

Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
15 0 5

Hi Casedo, did you get that working? If not please shoot me a message on the forums with your partner account details!

1 Like
2 0 3

Hi, 

when I create a route with express it worked as expected but with koa built-in shopify auth, it didn't work. 
Anyways, thank you for your help I am going with express for now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am having the same exact issue. If you follow this guide it does not work. 

https://developers.shopify.com/tutorials/build-a-shopify-app-with-node-and-react/embed-your-app-in-s...

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 6.44.53 PM.png

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Yes, I got exactly that problem. My solution is that in Shopify partner -> Apps -> go to your app you want to install -> In "Test your app" section" click "Select store", like the image below:

app_error_install.png

After that, select a development store you want to install your app -> install your unlisted app normally.

I hope this help :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

Shopifies incognito changes are getting slightly ridiculous. Why does Shopify change essential stuff like this without any notice? 

What about people that don't want their apps to be listed on the App Store, yet, give other store owners the chance to oauth an unlisted App (which worked flawlessly before). Shopify seems to be pretty worried about their cashflow, it seems. 

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Uhm, please don't do@andrewbien suggestion, if you want to be able to transfer your development store to someone else. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This app needs to be reviewed by Shopify before it can be installed. Contact the app developer for more information about this app.

I have got same error. So what is solution ?

Screenshot_2.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

How are we suppose to test the app with beta users if we have to go through review in order to install the app? Shopify, this new change makes zero sense.

0 Likes