New Facebook Sales Channel marks me as non admin for some of my pages, when I clearly am

hardow2011
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello.

I want to use the new Facebook Sales channel to connect one of my pages to my Shopify shop, but the page I want to select is marked as: Not eligible, You don't have permission to edit these settings. Reach out to the admin of ''Generic Manager' Business Manager to to gain access.

Now, I created this Facebook page and I am currently the only admin, so, what is happening?

Thanks beforehand.

Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @hardow2011

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out about the error message you're receiving, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

Before using the Facebook Channel, it's important to ensure that your business meets these requirements, and that your Facebook page has the correct settings enabled to use this channel. 

If you've already double checked these details, then this error may be appearing to alert you to request access to your Facebook Business page in Facebook Business Manager directly. You can do this by following these steps

Additionally, you mentioned that you're already an 'admin' on your Facebook Business page, but I do recommend re-reviewing these page roles to ensure this is the case, and that you're not accidentally using a 'custom' role instead. To check this, please follow the below steps:

1. Visit your Facebook Business page on Facebook directly. 
  2. Click 'Settings > Page Settings'
  3. Click 'Page Roles'
  4. Scroll down to the 'Existing Page Roles' section, and ensure you're listed as an 'admin' here.
  5. If you're listed as 'custom' - or anything other than 'admin' - this process outlines how to switch your role to an 'admin' instead. 

Once you've completed this troubleshooting, please log back in to Shopify, visit the 'Facebook' section of your admin, and work through these steps to connect the Facebook Channel to your Shopify account. 

Let me know how this goes. I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
hardow2011
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi. Thanks for the detailed reply. I figured that I was indeed the admin of the page, but not the admin of the Business Manager of said page. That is why Shopify did not let me access them.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
726 39 225

Hi, @hardow2011

I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this! 

This information may prove useful to other merchants who are encountering a similar issue, so I appreciate you following up to share this solution, as well.

If there's anything else you need assistance with, please let me know. 

Best, 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes