New app needed: Email before Download

Shopify Partner
2 0 0

This is what I need:

"Email Before Download" presents your users with a form where they submit information, like their name and email address, prior to receiving a download. This plugin allows you to create any form you like and manage/monitor your file downloads. You can also EXPORT a list of users that have downloaded files from the plug-in's settings page.

To be clear - I don't want to make a client put this into a shopping cart and checkout.  This is for a free whitepaper offer only.

Wordpress has one, why not Shopify?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/email-before-download/

0 Likes
4 0 0

Yes agreed I also need this function. Has anyone offered a hack or a process for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 0 16

You can use Mailchimp for this. Put up a form on a page, then create an automated flow in MC that will trigger immediately after subscription. This way you'll have much cleaner email database because users will know that they'll have to enter their real email to receive your whitepaper. 

If you need help with this, just drop me a line at stas@99rabbits.com

★ Shopify Customer/Order Auto Tag App → 99rabbits.com ★
2 Likes
4 0 0

Stas, thanks for that. Question the form I put up. Page options in Shopify are {page or contact page} no form per sa. I do have a form app but it loads very slow. How are you generating the form?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

I ended up using the POWr Form Builder app, which has a free option.  It's a bit of a hack, but you can create a form, and then on the "After User Submits" option, put your HTML there and the link will display.

POWr has just come out with a new app called File Embed.  The paid version will allow you to protect the file with a password, which you can email to people on request.

0 Likes
4 0 0

Yes I have the POWr app currently and it loads slow but yes I can see that work around for sure. BTW in my hunt I just found these guys https://www.leadpages.net/, going back and forth with them now on integration/plugin for Shopify. This looks to be what I need and more. Thanks for all the help!

0 Likes
Excursionist
18 0 4

Hi there, I'm happy to announce that such app is available now! With this app, you can capture emails and export them to CSV format or use MailChimp integration to export. Also, we provide 2 download types - direct download or send the download link to email and 2 upload types it's host files on your own server and add a link to popup or use ours.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at support@apps2grow.us

0 Likes
6 0 0

Try Privy - offers download after signup, and integrates with Shopify (and Mailchimp and others...)

0 Likes