No Sale App by Shopify?

2 0 0

Don't know if I'm alone here but is there anyway way that shopify could integrate the ability to hold storewide sales. I know there are two apps for that already but one is $10 a month and we have had issues with it, and the other is a whopping $100. It doesn't seem like it would truly be that hard to include that feature. Discount codes are nice but customers prefer to just have the sale already going, no discount code needed. At $80 dollars a month it would be nice to have that basic feature...going through and changing all our products prices to the sale price is not an option we are going to go with.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Andrew!

Currently we don't really have this as an app or integrated feature in the platform. I will, however, launch a feature request with our developers to see if this functionality can be added in the future, as it's particularly useful for events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. While I can't guarantee that this feature will be added, we're more than happy to pass along suggestions some shop owners may have that would provide greater versatility to the platform.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes
2 0 0

Appreciate the response Matthew. You guys are always adding awesome new features and making our lives easier so I just thought I'd ask if anything was in the works.  Just got in contact with the developers from simple sale app ($10 a month) and hopefully they have fixed it to work  with our site.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Andrew!

That's great to hear. I'll be sure to follow up with our developers the next chance I get to see if something like this can be built into the core at some point.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

0 Likes

Hey Andrew,

Now it's a lot of discount apps that allow scheduling discounts for a sale period. But the only one allows applying discounts for thousands of products in a few seconds. Check the schedule sale app here.

Apply discounts for thousands of products in a few seconds: https://apps.shopify.com/instant-bulk-discount-sales
0 Likes
4 0 0

Am I missing something here?  I thought automatic discounts would do exactly what you asked for? In my app development I tested Automatic discounts and they seem to function like you described.  However, I do understand that discounting is not promoted except if you purchase a marketing of discount app, or you manually announce the store wide sale through some sort of banner action.

Timj

Fahmah Jackson Software Developer.
0 Likes