No Sync from (standard) Shopify subscriber list with email marketing apps!

Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hey there, 

I am using the VENTURE theme and I am trying to set up email marketing.

To test things out, I am using the standard shopify subscribtion forms:

- Footer and page newsletter

- checkout subscription

Problem: Subscribers appear immediately on Shopify but never on Lists of Email marketing apps .On the following apps I tried, shopify subscribers were not syncing with the email lists at all  in those apps:

* MailChimp

* OmniSend

* AWeber

Has anybody a solution for this? Currently I am trying out things with AWeber... So far, list also isn't syncing..

I do not understand how a simple thing as syncing subscriber lists does not work...  Even with the standard shopify sign-up forms..

Do you know if Klavio Email-Marketing works for this?

*Note: this is my store (not live yet!): walkincat.com. The subscribers are test-email accounts of mine.*

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

Hello Michael,

Let's focus on one email provider. I'm most famililar with MailChimp. Please give some more details about your setup. All of these email providers should sync contacts if they are set up correctly.

Installing the MailChimp Shopify app and connecting it to your MailChimp account and completing the setup will sync customers that make purchases (and opt-in to marketing).

• When you go into MailChimp, are all the settings correct? It should highlight any errors, like if you haven't customized the settings.
  • Which "footer and page newsletter" form are you using?

Please give us some more details about your set up process.

Todd - ShopClerk Order Tracking for Shopify - https://shopclerk.net
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

BTW, I signed up to your email list and received a confirmation email from aweber.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Ok, interesting! 

Thanks for your try!

I will get back to you when I know more from AWeber!

I only heard that they are reviewing the account (as it is new) now, so they need some time until I have full functionability . I will tell when I have their reply! 

I would not mind using AWeber if all things work there, the only downside (as I heard) to their app is that you cannot send Abandoned Cart  mails easily. In the beginning, I would use Shopify Standard A.Cart. email.

On Mailchimp:

For tests, I am using the (vanilla, standard) shopify website newsletter and the footer newsletter form from Venture. I have not tested any 3rd party app popups, including the one from Mailchimp itself.

In these tests, no subscribers were synced. Maybe I need to add some code?

Note: I did not test the checkout sign-up feature! 

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 13

Try connecting the signup form on your "not launched yet" page to MailChimp and I'll try signing up for that...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Ok, I will get back to you..

I also got an answer from AWeber, they are not so helpful :

I had to ask them everytime to send out a message, as each message was put on "Admin Hold". Frustrated because I put in 10+ hours to create a nice personal follow up- welcome series of emails...

Now only the 1st welcome mail  is sent. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hey Todd, it seems that AWeber is sort of working now. There was a weird spam filter applied to my 1st email sent out, thus no emails after were ever sent. It seems this has been removed now. I will keep you updated.

Sadly, no way with Mailchimp. 

0 Likes